cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Gen5 download speed

samspicer95
New Poster

Slow Gen5 download speed

So I had my WiFi installed about a week ago. First two days it worked great and I was getting a minimum of 15 mbs on my Xbox. Well we got hit by a bad storm and ever since then I’m lucky if I can get 4mbs I’m wondering if the storm could have knocked my satellite out of sync or something? Any help would be great
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow Gen5 download speed

Can you get to the modem's System Control Center at http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage?  Are there any error messages?  If you click the "I" (it's to the right of the word "English"), what's the system state code?

samspicer95
New Poster

It says the system state code is 0.0.0
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@samspicer95 

A state code of 0.0.0 means that everything on the HughesNet end is working as it should, and that there are no HughesNet equipment problems.  

It's possible that it's just coincidence, and the lower speed is due to heavier system congestion, which often happens during the evenings and on the weekends.  

With that said, you can run a few speed tests to demonstrate the speeds you are getting at current.  This will help to show if there is a problem.  To run the tests, please follow the instructions in the following post... 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

We're closing this thread since we haven't gotten a reply back from you all week. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!