cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Gen5 download speed

Spectator

Slow Gen5 download speed

I am having trouble with watching videos. My Internet won't keep up with the playing video. Always buffering unless I pause the video and let it sit for a minute. Frontier was a little better than this. I thought I was suppose to have high speed on my gen 5. So far not very happy with the service
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Slow Gen5 download speed

Are you trying to watch the videos in a definition that is higher than SD?  If so, try turning off, or pausing, the Video Data Saver, which you can do in the Video Settings of the HughesNet Usage Meter or by signing into the HughesNet MyAccount site and clicking on the Settings tab.  This may help with the buffering.  

What is Video Data Saver?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi DennisG,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I suggest checking out Gabe's suggestions. In addition, I'd also try disconnecting your DirecTV from your network if you're not using it. It will constantly download and use your data, and if you are out of your monthly data allowance, you will have reduced speeds per our Fair Access Policy.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->