cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet and constant buffering.

New Poster

Slow Internet and constant buffering.

Anyone know what Diagnostic Code: 0000-0000-0002-0641is?
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow Internet and constant buffering.

No clue.  What "State Code" are you seeing at the top of the System Status page (in the System Summary box)?

What modem are you using?  HT2000W?  HT1100?  HT1000?  HN9000S?  

Also, if using WiFi, try connecting directly with a LAN cable to see if that alleviates the slow internet and buffering.  That might, at least, rule out the router as a cause of the speed/buffering issue.    

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Sorry can't seem to find the state code. Modem is HT 2000W. Yes I'm connected with a LAN cable from modem to XBOX 1. Ive only had hughesnet for 3 days. Every single day has been super slow. On Monday I chatted with a tech rep and they gave me a few steps to try and said someone would call me within 24 hours. Did the steps and didn't work. No one called, so I called them yesterday. I spent 2 hours on the phone running speed test from my laptops, cell phones, and XBOX One. Only running 1 device, connecting to 2g wifi, connecting to 5g, using LAN cable. All with the same sad result of about an average of 6MBPs download speeds. At the lowest point it went lower than 1mbps and I think the highest download speed was 13mbps. I try YouTube, plays like 3 seconds then buffers plays 3 more seconds and buffers does that thru the whole video regardless of length. I've been trying to watch the newest Game of Thrones episode on HBOgo via XBOX. I have only been able to see the first 10 minutes of the epsidoe which took me several combined hours in the last 3 days to get that far. They couldn't fix the issue last night so they said they escalated my issue and should get a call in 3-5 days. I couldn't believe it, I'm just so frustrated. I just recently disconnected my last satilite internet provider to get hughesnet because of the advertised speeds. My previous provider only had speeds of 4-6mbps and I would be able to play YouTube and HBOgo without it stopping at all. I'm so sad I switched as now the only way out will be to pay the early term fee.

@Inesq

Well, with regard to the state code, you'll see it in the red box in the picture below.  If everything's okay, it will show zeros, like mine is.  

Capture.JPG 

When you ran the speed test with the laptop, was it the only thing connected, and was it connected via LAN cable?  If you are able, it would be good to try a few speed tests that way, with the laptop directly connected using a LAN cable.  While you are doing this test, make sure nothing else is connected.  You can temporarily turn off the WiFi radios in the modem through the WiFi section of the System Control Center.  The password is admin .  Just uncheck the boxes for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios, and you have to do each radio separately, or it won't save.  The 2.4Ghz radio (both boxes), then save, then the 2.4Ghz guest (both boxes), then save, then so on for for the other two.  

The reason I suggest trying a few speed tests this way is that it excludes the Wifi, which has a lot of variables that can cause issues, and it excludes any of your other devices stealing speed from the one you're testing with.  

Also, you should perform the tests at the site testmy.net, and it's best to create an account and run the tests while signed into that account so the tests are saved.  And, use the 25MB manual download test.  

I can't get the System Control Center link to post correctly for some reason, but I think you already know how to get there.  If not, you can type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser and hit enter.  

http://testmy.net/

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Not sure why, but when I access 192.168.0.1it doesn't show they same boxes it does for you. I have no box labeled system status or system summary. Odd right? As for the test, I was on the phone with a Rep, so yes used testmy.net site and used the LAN cable on the laptop. And also with the suggestion from the rep made sure they wifi was off. Even more interesting is that I did a speed test this morning at 4am MDT. 46mbps download. I was like great cuz this when I need it.....geez. Anyway, I actually tried to watch a show to see if there was a difference with the faster speed. Seemed promising at first, played a whole 30 seconds non-stop. But then that was it, back to its normal constant buffering every 3-10 seconds.

@Inesq

Please copy/paste your testmy.net test results URL into a reply.  That's the URL in the address box when you click on Results while signed in to testmy.net.  This way the Community reps can take a look at your speeds.  

It will look like the following, but with your testmy.net user name where it indicates such...   http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Also, the System Control Center may look different because of your browser.  To get to the System Status page at the SCC you have to click on "System Status" at the top of the page.  

New Poster

Direct contact to modem is worse. Tech support supervisor says problem in area and we will know when it's fixed. That was Thanksgiving weekend 2017.