Hughesnet Community

Slow ..Slow.. Slow......... and did I say SLOW.....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdols3
New Poster

Slow ..Slow.. Slow......... and did I say SLOW.....

We signed up for Hughesnet at the end of November and did not use it until the holidays.  I was told when we signed up it would be perfect for our application which is checking emails and streaming video because we have no cable/internet available and wanted to avoid satellite.  The first time I tried to open my email inbox, it wouldn't open and kept timing out.  I kept trying over several days, and never was able to access it.  I finally just gave up.  I ended up using my phone to view and respond to all of my emails instead.  We then tried streaming video, which worked okay for the first movie or so, and then kept constantly freezing.  We finally gave up on that as well.  I then decided to check my data usuage, which I was told that I didn't need to worry because I wouldn't be charged for it anyway, and found I had used over 10GB in two days, which is why I might not have been able to stream movies any longer. I believe I have been mislead, and need to be contacted to discuss this problem by Hughesnet, because I am not going to continue paying for something I cannot use!
3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

When streaming video you should try to stream at the lowest resolution possible, higher resolution video requires far more data.  Satellite Internet is not meant to replace normal TV viewing for a typical person.  Amanda, Liz, or Chris will request a sales call review and see what was said to see if you was mislead and can be let out of contract, however if they find you wasn't mislead, you will be subject to the contract.
Liz

Good morning rdols3,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning rdols3,

Good news, I was able to get a quick turnaround on the sales call review. The sales rep did not accurately explain how our monthly data allowance is broken down into Anytime and Bonus Bytes. I'm sorry the rep did not explain this better on the call; that rep is no long with us, but our trainers will reinforce the correct way to address the data allowance and set proper expectations. Thank you again for bringing this up, your feedback helps us improve in providing satisfaction to our HughesNet subscribers.

I've created a case for you that you may reference when you call in at 866.347.3292 to cancel; case 102279586 has instructions from corporate to let you do so without the Early Termination Fee. 

If you have additional concerns, feel free to drop by the community again, we're here to help.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!