Slow Speeds Again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uscunited
Freshman

Slow Speeds Again

I actually tought that my problem was getting better, but no such luck.

Here is my first speed test of the day while connected to the modem through a LAN cable and 25 MB download test file.

Results are 410 kbps at 10:59 AM

Results are 524 kbps at 11:17 AM

Results are 290 kbps at 11:31 AM

Up loads have been equally dismal.

Here is URL of my test results, last 3 on LAN connection.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/uscunited

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@uscunited 

Please be sure to consistently use the proper test sizes for both download AND upload.  As stated in your last topic, without the proper test procedure the reps here cannot help you.  

Yes, I used the 25 MB download file as required. I did test upload.
GabeU

@uscunited wrote:

Please run three to five tests during different times of the day.  Since you are also having issues with upload speed, please run some applicable upload tests (4MB) as well.

maratsade

You only used them 3 times that I can see on the list of your results.  You need to use the 25MB size every time. 

uscunited wrote:

OK, Here are the results from 5 downloads and 4 uploads.  I couldn't get the test to run on the 5th upload even though I let it run overnight.  In addition to super slow speeds, I am getting drop outs constantly.  I did have a HughesNet tech out to check my system who tolld me that the problem wass not in my system.

maratsade

You have two tests there, run on 6/1, whose size is 256kb and 23.7 MB. The sizes for all your download tests have to be 25MB. To do this you have to use the manual test size.

If the tech found nothing wrong with the system, the problem may be your device setup, or the internet (the sites you visit may have issues), or congestion, or traffic on the network, and you may need to do a lot more digging and investigating. 

uscunited wrote:

OK, Here are the results from 5 downloads and 4 uploads.  I couldn't get the test to run on the 5th upload even though I let it run overnight.  In addition to super slow speeds, I am getting drop outs constantly.  I did have a HughesNet tech out to check my system who tolld me that the problem wass not in my system.

GabeU

@uscunited 

Hopefully those will be enough to help the reps get a start.  

With this said, might you have been out of data until today?  Though your upload speed is still VERY low, your download speed appears to gone back up considerably compared to what it was.  If not data related, might you have talked to support on the phone or by chat/email and they did something between yesterday and today?

BTW, are you a SamKnows tester?  The reason I ask is that you run an awful lot of speed tests.

Edit:  Along with what maratsade said, it may be a good idea to continue using the troubleshooting test sizes, even if you aren't always running tests for troubleshooting purposes.  Every test run using those 25MB and 4MB test sizes helps the reps.

Good morning uscunited,

Thank you for posting, I ran diagnostics on your site to make sure the HughesNet equipment is working normally and all looks good on our end.

What were you trying to do online that prompted running speed tests? Let's focus on that.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning uscunited, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!