Hughesnet Community

Slow Speeds Again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Summerskies

Slow Speeds Again

Speeds have been up & down the past few days as has been experienced before.

8 REPLIES 8
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Really shouldn't run tests that close together, can skew results. Run at least 5 minutes apart. Amazed you can run the Hughes test as most browsers don't allow Java anymore.

EDIT: I'm a lot slower right now. It happens during peak time, especially on weekends. 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Slower here, too, but that's par for the course at this time in the evening. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Two tests tonight. I normally get 20+ speed during off peak. Just a fact of life with satellite, can fluctuate quite a bit. More about long period slow downs like days, then you may have a problem.

mmongar

This is the worst internet service. Dial up internet is faster.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Dial-up is definitely not faster than speeds either Summerskies or I posted. You obviously never used dial-up.
Liz

Good morning Summerskies,

We can certainly help address your concerns. How long have you been noticing slow speeds? Do they happen consistently around a certain time of day/night? When exactly?

I know you've run testmy.net speed tests before, do you still have your testmy.net results URL we can check? It may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

If you haven't done so, please follow the steps here to create your account and run tests at testmy.net: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Most important points:-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Summerskies

Liz, I apologize for the delay in responding. Please put this on hold as I am recovering from surgery. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Liz

No worries, take your time and recover. Come back and start a new thread with your testmy.net URL whenever you're ready. 

Take care,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!