Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds hn9000

Sunlightbywheel
Sophomore

Re: Slow Speeds hn9000

Weldonhunter

I am on the  recovery act plan from 2011 as well. I know we have lifetime warranty on our equipment. It is not worded the way new warrantys are written either. You know the kind where the company says it has lived long enough and decides to kill it off!

If the equipment is faulty we should be able to keep the same plan even if hughes has to upgrade our equipment. Hughes did recieve money from the goverment for our service plans. Any how getting off being negative. 

I am old fashion in the sense that I expect hughes to stick to their agreed speed and service and fix it when it does not work.

Also we are not alone, I have a neighbor that has the same plan and the very same thing is happening to them as well and started at the same time.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Sunlightbywheel wrote:

I am on the  recovery act plan from 2011 as well. I know we have lifetime warranty on our equipment. It is not worded the way new warrantys are written either. You know the kind where the company says it has lived long enough and decides to kill it off! 

Unless there was some type of price agreement that's still in effect, which at nearly ten years is not very likely, there's probably not a whole lot you can do, unfortunately, other than upgrade.

Satellites have a finite lifespan.  When they start dying there's nothing they can do to stop it.  Only the Echostar 17 and Echostar 19 satellites, which support Gen4/5 and Gen5, respectively, are still operating within their designed lifespans.  All others, including the Spaceway 3, which you may very well be utilizing, are operating beyond theirs.  Old technology eventually goes to pasture. 

That's not in any way an attempt to dismiss your frustrations, but only to suggest the reality of the situation you may very well currently be in.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Sunlightbywheel
Sophomore

GabeU

Thanks for being quick to always answer. I know and understand about the lifespan of satellites .
I am not happy with the everything is all right and there is nothing we can do line! If Hughes would just say the satellite you receive your service from is about to die and we need to upgrade you. I would accept that. We do have a price agreement with Hughes and I do not believe there is any thing in it about a limited amount of time. I would have to dig out my original to be sure. My problem is not a price increase but with extending a contract that I am being pressured into taking because of their failure to provide the service they agreed to provide me with!
Like I said I am happy with the service when it works as advertised.
I will even say this that I have been satisfied and happy with my experience with Hughes over the years. Maybe not completely or all the time but for the most part I have.
I still will be if it is resolved but my patience do have a limit.

Damian

@Sunlightbywheel,

I wish that I could give you a definitive answer as to what specific technical issue you are experiencing but as I have explained many times, your equipment is too old to even get a detailed depiction of what is happening. Sending a technician may not be a useful option as there is no directive to give them. It would be a customer-requested blind appointment where the technician will run a basic test. If this is something you would like then that can be arranged at no charge. Also, there is nothing wrong with the satellite you are on, as the same one is being used for our newer service. I am not denying that there is an issue, but I am letting you know that our current tools are not able to help in a situation when the equipment being worked on is this old. 

When it comes to upgrading, this will normally start a new 24-month commitment. Because of your special circumstance as well as @WeldonHunter, you all may be able to receive support with this, however, there is no guarantee. I recommend calling our support line at this point and inquiring about upgrading without a contract. I do believe it is worth explaining to the representatives, as there may be a suitable option for you regarding this.  

-Damian