cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speeds on Beam 66

Re: Slow download speeds on Beam 66

Hi jc2,

We engaged with our engineers to run further diagnostics on your system and everything seems to be fine. It may be helpful to know that network balancing operations, designed to distribute the traffic throughout the network, are ongoing. Please check your private messages for more information.

Thank you,

Amanda

Highlighted
jc2
Sophomore

Thanks Amanda for all your help but now I have a bigger problem. Last night I lost my internet connection and it's still out this morning. Only the power and lan lights are lit on the modem. I have tried unplugging the cord from the block and waiting a few minutes several times. I have checked all the connections inside and outside. The dish LNB window is half full of water. I don't know how long it's been that way. Do I need to start a new thread for this?
Thanks

Hi jc2, you don't, I'll check your diagnostics. Can you reach http://systemcontrolcenter.com ?  If so click on "System Status" and provide me the state code listed. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Hey jc2,

Just saw that the post was edited, I think I might have missed that. If the LNB has water we need to replace it right away. I'm going to create an order to dispatch a tech out to you ASAP, they will call or text you to confirm the date and time. Currently it is set for Sunday between 8-11AM, but you can change it when they call/text if needed.

On a side note, your signal history doesn't point to any issues until October 28th which was this past Wednesday. Impeccable timing isn't it? Lol

Thanks,

Amanda

jc2
Sophomore

Thanks Amanda for setting up a service call. It's been raining here since Wednesday which was actually the 31st but I didn't lose the signal till about 7pm last night.
Thanks again.

Thanks jc2,

My calendar on my computer slid down so I was looking at the 28th of November, which was a Wednesday. I think I'm ready for the weekend Smiley Happy

jc2
Sophomore

Hello Amanda,

The tech came out yesterday and replaced the LNB. Signal strength is up over 100. Speeds are about the same but everything is working fine. The technician is a super nice guy. The same person that did my Gen5 upgrade and the last service call. Thank you so much for all your help.

Thanks again