cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet since the beginning

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Slow internet since the beginning

i had hughesnet 5 years ago and for 5 years they sent me mail telling me how much better and faster it was.

so i called and spoke with a sales person they told me that it was better than ever faster to i would have no problem streaming movies...WHAT a lie i cant stream them alwasy buffering cant use my internet fax. i hate this service and the liers that go with it

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@foxl48

If it is a speed related issue, it would benefit you to start a new thread.  

If not a speed related issue, please read the reply concerning the Video Data Saver and streaming.  

As for the internet faxing, the problem may be due to the latency inherent to satellite based internet.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Is there an update on anything?
Highlighted
Freshman

Has anyone ever actually seen this internet service run as advertised ? Recently switched over to this from dishNET and Huges sucks !! It's consistency slower than dishNET ever was 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Sdn wrote:

Has anyone ever actually seen this internet service run as advertised ? 

Yes.  Most Hughesnet customers, including myself.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

I must be one of the non most crowd !! It even struggles at times to load the page for the speed test. Very sad service. 

Highlighted
Freshman

Ran 4 speed tests and my upload is faster than my download speed. WTH ?

Highlighted
Associate Professor
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

@Sdn wrote:

Ran 4 speed tests and my upload is faster than my download speed. WTH ?

Would help if you started your own thread (topic) with some real info like test results such as this:  http://testmy.net/quickstats/BirdDog2017

Jumping into others problems only muddies the waters as there are many different reasons your speed might be slow. Posting your own topic allows for much better individual support.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Yes. And better than advertised too.

@Sdn wrote:

Has anyone ever actually seen this internet service run as advertised ?