cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speeds

Highlighted
Spectator

Slow internet speeds

So I and my family have been using HughesNet now every since October and I have to say that this isn't it! The internet is so slow that nobody in my household can even use it. It takes forever to load a webpage. Loading something like Facebook or Netflix takes almost a whole minute to fully load. You can't stream any video's on this internet. Sometimes it'll load the video but it'll stop every 5 SECONDS!!! Very low resolution and a lot of the times you can't even see the video. Just the sound that's coming from it. My son relies on the internet for school and not just for this pandemic. He's taking online school for the next 2 years. Another thing is that the sound from my phone is delayed that people can't hear me until (again) 5 seconds after I have said something. I've also got in touch with customer service and they're telling me to run speed test like that's going to help the issue with the speed I'm talking about. But... it's not and it looks like I'm not the only one. We were promised faster internet. We were promised great service. But where is it? At this point, I don't need answers to fix my service. I need answers on what this company truly is and what is going on? I'm paying $114 for what? The satellite?! NO! When my phone's mobile data speed is faster than my Wi-Fi, that's a problem. I need answers and if someone tells me to do another speed test again, it's a wrap.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Slow internet speeds

The speed tests are needed to troubleshoot what the issue may be. Without them, they can't help you.  To have speed issues addressed here in this community, the procedure outlined here is required. 

If you decide to cancel, that can only be done by calling 866-347-3292. 

itsjustteresa wrote:

So I and my family have been using HughesNet now every since October and I have to say that this isn't it! The internet is so slow that nobody in my household can even use it. It takes forever to load a webpage. Loading something like Facebook or Netflix takes almost a whole minute to fully load. You can't stream any video's on this internet. Sometimes it'll load the video but it'll stop every 5 SECONDS!!! Very low resolution and a lot of the times you can't even see the video. Just the sound that's coming from it. My son relies on the internet for school and not just for this pandemic. He's taking online school for the next 2 years. Another thing is that the sound from my phone is delayed that people can't hear me until (again) 5 seconds after I have said something. I've also got in touch with customer service and they're telling me to run speed test like that's going to help the issue with the speed I'm talking about. But... it's not and it looks like I'm not the only one. We were promised faster internet. We were promised great service. But where is it? At this point, I don't need answers to fix my service. I need answers on what this company truly is and what is going on? I'm paying $114 for what? The satellite?! NO! When my phone's mobile data speed is faster than my Wi-Fi, that's a problem. I need answers and if someone tells me to do another speed test again, it's a wrap.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow internet speeds

@itsjustteresa wrote:

I need answers on what this company truly is and what is going on?  

HughesNet is a provider of internet access via satellite. 

Regarding streaming, the system is currently under incredible strain.  As well, HughesNet has implemented a prioritization policy that favors business and schooling related activities.  During periods of high usage, which are ever increasing right now, things like streaming will take a back seat due to that policy.  Because of these two things, streaming may be difficult.   

If your beginning and overall stance is refusal to take part in the troubleshooting process for your apparent issue(s), it's likely that there will be no solution or explanation.  

If you wish to cancel the service, you need to call 866-347-3292.  Keep in mind that there will be an Early Termination Fee.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro