cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow slow anybody else

scrisp43

Slow slow anybody else

I just got off the phone with HN. My system has been so slow for about 2weeks now. I only use this internet for school . After he checked my system he tells me i have been over my usage since 5/21 and it reset on 6/6.Whatever he did fast now. 15min into the call he gives me a token for usage. Just not sure about HN.
5 REPLIES 5
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: Slow slow anybody else

It is a capped service (data limit). You buy a data plan just like cell phone. You go over the limit then you are throttled to about 150 kbps.
Not sure about what? Did you not know about a set amount of data per month?

School, especially if video, can use large amounts of data.
Mary Sappier

You guys stuck PERIOD
Mary Sappier

So much for your slogan about getting anyone internet service. You should state "That is if you doing have trees.
scrisp43

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Slow slow anybody else.

I just got off the phone with HN. My system has been so slow for about 2weeks now. I only use this internet for school the. After he checked my system he tells me i have been over my usage since 5/21 and it reset on 6/6.Whatever he did fast now. 15min into the call he gives me a token for usage. Just not sure about HN.
Liz

Good morning scrisp43,

Welcome and thanks for posting. BirdDog succinctly explains it. For more details about our Fair Access Policy, please check it out here:
http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen4.cfm

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!