Slow speed and inconsitent connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swansonmej
New Poster

Slow speed and inconsitent connection

I posted a couple weeks ago about issues we have had since we had HughsNet installed. Our connection is slow and inconsistent even on good weather days. It is likely that we will have to 

drop the service as it has not lived up to promises.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

EDIT: the link to the instructions to remove the things that need to go back isn't working so I removed it. They send the instructions in the box you get when you cancel. 

GabeU

@swansonmej 

If you're having speed issues, the reps will need some speed tests to be performed in order to help.  Keep in mind that your service is subject to the Fair Access Policy, which means that, when your data is exhausted, your service speed is throttled.  If you're currently out of data, running the tests won't be of help, as they need to be run when you have data and your service is not subject to FAP and throttled.  You can check your data levels with the HughesNet Mobile App, at the System Control Center, or under the Usage heading at the top of the page.  

If you currently have data, please run some tests using the following protocol in order to get help...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

maratsade

Additionally, Liz's reply to you from last week can be found here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Fairly-new-customer-haven-t-gotten-consistent-speed-...

Liz

Good morning swansonmej,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!