cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed, unhappy with service

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Slow speed, unhappy with service

Clicking the "use" button transfers the token data from its  ..... place of purchase .... to your "Token Bytes Available" data bucket.

From there they will be used automatically when all of your Anytime Bytes are depleted.

It is worth noting that if you have Token Data still remaining when your monthly refill occurs you will not lose that Token Data. It will just sit in your "Token Bucket" until needed.

Thank you.
Distinguished Professor III

Glad to hear it. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Are token bytes "throttled down" to a slower speed? Or am I just experiencing a fluctuation this morning? Smiley Sad

No.  They act just as Anytime and Bonus Bytes do.  It might just be the occasional slowdown or something.  I hope it speeds up for you. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

You took the words out of my mouth. I agree with everything you said and how you feel about this. I upgraded to see if it would be faster , I was paying 91.00 and it still was slow, so i downgraded ,paying 51 for what ? Thank god my neighbor is letting me use her WIFI,for my daughter to do online school. Or we would be at the libray 4 hours a day.. Horrible company. You are paying a lot for slow internet. They told me i need to turn off all my devices in the house just to save data. I should not have to do that.. I'll take Brighthouse all day. They are Excellent but I can only get Hughnet where i live.

shannontrimble,

It would be best to start your own post if you would like to receive help with your issue.  It would also help to run some tests as outlined in the first response (the one by Liz) and post your results in the new post. 

As for data usage, with a capped service one has to adjust things so they use as little data as possible. 

Advanced Tutor

Hi Mahartzler,

I just wanted to mention that it's not necessary to log onto the Hughesnet home page in order to get to your dashboard or this community. I didn't even know there WAS a homepage until a few weeks ago when someone posted an objection to some political content, lol!

I always go to my.hughesnet.com and that brings me directly to my dashboard. I can check my data usage and then click on "community," which takes me right here.

I also wanted to mention that there is a specific way to disable auto-play on Facebook. There are several threads about that in this forum.

Hope this helps! :-)

Thanks for that tip on getting directly to the dashboard. I don't autoplay anything with any social network. Thanks again.

Liz, I received the router. We have decided to pay the $400 ETF and return to the broadband world.  I've purchased $46 worth of tokens in the last 10 days, and we don't refill until the 10th. We are obviously larger internet users than we thought. We simply cannot afford to stay with satellite internet. I have not opened the HughesNet router, and would be glad to return it if you'll give me instructions. You can email me at [edited]. ~Mary Ann