Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KandJ5
New Poster

Slow speeds every single night.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607
For more information on running these tests, check this page: https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/how-check-your-speed-performance

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@KandJ5 

It's likely due to congestion, which tends to be highest in the evenings.  

If you'd like to see if anything can be done, the reps will need some tests performed at testmy, but in a specific way.  The speed testing instructions are below.  Please be sure to read them thoroughly before running the tests to ensure they are run in the proper way.  Please also check to make sure you aren't out of data before running the tests, as tests run when out of data and throttled won't be of value to the reps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Edit:  Please excuse the redundancy.  maratsade replied while I was still typing mine.

Liz

Good morning KandJ5,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!