cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload and download

Professor

Re: Slow upload and download

"It's not really my job to trouble shoot a service I pay way to much for. "

Yes, it actually is.  The same exact process is required by other ISPs.  The troubleshooting is the first step, annoying as it may be.  You could insist on a tech being sent over, but you'd have to pay for the tech out of pocket.  All ISPs have customers do a lot of troubleshooting before dispatching someone to check the system. 

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow upload and download

@kuvo wrote:
It's not really my job to trouble shoot a service I pay way to much for. 

Speed issues can be caused by a multitude of things, and not all of them have to do with the service itself.  It is neither economically feasible, nor physically possible, for HughesNet to send a tech out each time someone is having a speed issue.  Running speed tests is a fairly simple thing to do, and it gives the reps/engineers a lot of info to work with.

@kuvo wrote:
My data is literally gone in the morning when I wake up the dayIt switches. So that means all my data is used from 12-2 in the morning before the bonus data can even switch on at 2. 

If this is true, then this in and of itself could be causing speed issues.  If you've got something that data hungry it could be utilizing half, or more, of your available bandwidth, even when you are in FAP.  Something is chewing through your data, and you've got to figure out what it is.  And yes, it is your job to figure out what is chewing through your data.  HughesNet is not your personal IP department.  Your device(s) chewing through your data is a kuvo problem, not a HughesNet problem.  Again, HughesNet sells you data.  How you use that data, and how fast you use it, is up to you.  With this said, there are people here, like myself, who will try to help you figure out what is using the data so quickly.  

What do you have connected to your HughesNet service?  You can see what is presently connected, and what was connected since you last plugged your modem in, on this page...  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info

Again, something is chewing through your data, and you've got to figure out what that is.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit