cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower than dial-up

New Poster

Slower than dial-up

3 weeks since install and I still have speeds of 0.6-3.5mbps. Talk to multiple tech supports and “Advance Engineers” and this is the best they can do?!?!? What a rip off. Checking out ViaStat
5 REPLIES 5
Assistant Professor

Re: Slower than dial-up

@JBurcham

For the record, dial up was 0.056Mbps. So, no. #FakeNews

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

The "slower than dialup" rubbish is getting old. 

@MarkJFinewrote:

@JBurcham

For the record, dial up was 0.056Mbps. So, no. #FakeNews

Professor

"Checking out ViaStat "

By all means, do. It'll teach you a very important lesson.

Hi Jamie, I am sorry to hear the speed has been that slow and we definitely want to assist you. I was able to find your account and noticed some possible issues. There are a number of devices connected to the 2.4 GHz network. Having more than six devices connected at once can cause some slowness. We recommend splitting your devices between the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. I will continue to investigate your account and make sure we get your speeds up to where they should be. 

-Wade

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

mine was like that, had a good tech from hughesnet come out lat friday, changed that "camera looking thing" on my dish and WOW my speeds have improved very little lag - can watch utube with out it stopping 4 or 5 times . Get someone to look at it complain to Retentions - they don't want to loose customers thats how I got a "good" tech.