Hughesnet Community

Slowest internet ever

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarantulaterri

Slowest internet ever

Seriously, dial-up was quicker. The first 3 months of service were great, but then everything slowed to a crawl. Apparently they want me to pay even more than I already am, which is WAY too much for the service provided. Comparing competitors prices as we speak.
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Seriously, dial-up was quicker.
No, it wasn't and still isn't. 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Comparing competitors prices as we speak.
What competitors would those be? They'd have to be other sat internet companies, as comparing them with other types of internet providers is like comparing apples to oranges.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Only two lower cost main residential satellite internet companies, HughesNet and Exede. They aren't in competition with ground based cable internet, only with each other.

And yes I said lower cost, check out some of the other satellite companies that provide service to corporations, TV stations, government, etc.
dacarrigan
Spectator

Your are absolutely correct Hughes net is the slowest provider.  They need to re-visit their TV add because it just ain't so.
dacarrigan
Spectator

Your are absolutely correct Hughes net is the slowest provider.  They need to re-visit their TV add because it just ain't so.
Amanda

Hi tarantulaterri

Welcome to our community! Have you checked to see if you have exceeded your data allowance? Use the myAccount option above, our mobile app or status meter to see if that is the case. If so, this is the cause of the slow speeds. Hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
Amanda