So slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonyclarke
Freshman

So slow

I try to go to the testmynet link but my service is so slow it doesn't open. It says check internet connection. My service hasn't got above 4mbs the whole five weeks I've had it, I've called many times, had tech out here twice and all they say is "it's all working the way its designed to" so if I'm paying for 25mbs speed and averaging 1.65mbs, how's that working correctly?  And I only have one firestick on the service. And I've got a timer on it now because last month I used all 20 gbs in three days. Now I've used the TV to stream Netflix for a total of 9 hours and I've used over 15gbs. If this is working correctly it's a poor excuse for service. 

5 REPLIES 5
Tonyclarke
Freshman

I called and told rep I wanted Internet for TV purpose only. All I wanted was a service to stream TV online so I didn't have to get satellite TV.  I was assured hughesnet was what I needed and even told the 20 gbs service would be fine for one firestick for TV service. What I wasn't told was the 25mbs speed would actually be 1.46mbs average. It buffers constantly and my 20 gbs of data are gone in around 12 hrs of TV streaming. I even have the data saver turned on and my firestick turned to the lowest quality available. I can't understand how I used 20 gbs of data in three or four days at a speed of 1.46 mbs average. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You should request a sales call review. 

I did over a month ago, nothing. They told me they would try to switch me from one ray to another since the ray I am on is, and I quote, "more over congested then the other one" I asked exactly what that meant and he said, each ray can only serve so much bandwith and if it can handle up to 500 people and they attach 600 people to it it slows down everyones signal. So I asked him how over sold was the ray I was on and he just laughed and said, "Way over conjested" He told me they would review my original sales call and get back with me. I've heard nothing. I even told him I asked specifically several times on original phone call about streaming tv since thats what I was wanting the service for. I was told several time this was exactly what i needed. He said if the sales lady told me that, "She needed retrained or a job somewhere else." 

maratsade

The reps on this site (@Liz , @Remy , @Damian )may be able to help. Do you have a reference number you could post? If you don't, that's all right; it just speeds things up. All the same, give them the opportunity to see what they can do. The reps on this site are at the corporate level and can do more than the phone reps, so you ought to think about maybe trying this route. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

You should request a sales call review. 

@Tonyclarke wrote:

I did over a month ago, nothing.  

You should request a sales call review here, not over the phone, email or chat.  You should start a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section requesting the review and the reason you're requesting it, as in what you said you wanted the service for and what you were told in return by the sales rep.  Though nothing is going to change the fact of your monthly data being nowhere near enough for streaming as a satellite TV replacement, you may still have recourse.