Did you mean: 

Speeds way out of wack.

Tutor

Speeds way out of wack.

Speed are way out of wack
29 REPLIES 29
Tutor

Re: Speeds way out of wack.

My speed test are all over the place. I feel there is a issue with beam 34. I am and at least one other person have posted about this issue. I want the speed I have documented back by my speed test back.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/RickyYak1

Hey I saw your post it is taking up to a minute to load this page. 
New Poster

something is off with testmy today, it wont even show my results after testing

The Internet is very busy due to the RNC Convention and other news.  But just like a gall stone this too will pass.  I spent 3 hours streaming the Convention online last night and will most likely do the same this evening.  That will slow things down a bit due to traffic.  

so what are those of us that need to do work for $$$ to do??? sit on our thumbs and spin. I have just so much time. this is increasing my work load. who do I bill the time to???

Hi Ricky,

Can you please confirm that these tests were run while directly connected to the modem?

When did you first notice your speeds slowing down?

Any system changes you're aware of just prior to the slow down?

Your feedback will be used for the report I'll escalate to our engineers.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Tutor

Hi, Liz, Yes they were directly connected to the modem. I have been noticing a slowdown for weeks now. I thought it may work itself out. However when I saw the other person on my beam was having speed issues as well I decided to investigate further. I have not made any system changes.
Assistant Professor

I'm still betting it is the kiddies being out of school, especially since you say slowing down for weeks now. If your beam/gateway is near peak on loading then any increased activity is going to slow things down. So IMO, if on a beam with lots of families with kids then things will slow down during summer months and will see the large variations you're having depending what the little buggers are doing and when.
New Poster

Speeds have increased from last night.  A little more than twelve hours ago I was getting download speeds of 824 Kbps, now at noon Wednesday I'm getting 10-16 Mbps.  Do you notice any difference?