cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Code 12.1.9

New Poster

State Code 12.1.9

I am sure this topic comes up alot, but I have not seen or tried anything that has fixed the problem for me.

I am a business customer, so I'll mention that up front. Aparently, us business customers are routed through a entirely different customer service group than residential customers. So hopefully, posting here will not be treated that way as well.

I have had my Hughesnet business service now for about 4 to 5 weeks. The first 3 weeks or so, everything was fine.. very acceptable service for. About a week ago, things went downhill and now I have difficulty even browsing websites. Most things time out or fail to load... even the Hughesnet speed test fails with "took too long to respond".

When I chacked the Status, I now see an error code of "12.1.9 - a transmit problem has occurred".

So, how do I go about trouble shooting this and getting this resolved. I have tried most of the ideas thrown out to the other members posting about this error.

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Senior Instructor

Re: State Code 12.1.9

It means the system detected a high transmit error rate. It could be due to weather at your location or at your gateway (ground station). Otherwise, it could be an alignment issue or something intermittently interfering with your dish's path to the satellite.

If it's weather, it should clear up by itself. If it's an alignment or interference issue, you will likely need a qualified technician (sent by Hughes) to fix it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

Since this has been going on for a week, and we have had a couple very nice, bright sunny days here (including this morning) I know the error code is not related to our weather.

I am using EchoStar-19-NAD, Beam 82, and I have no idea where that ground station is. I would hope they have not had storms for the past week, but I guess its possible that all the other customers using that beam have been without service for a week as well.

My "Satellite Receive Signal Strength" bouces back and forth between 99 and 100%, so I am pretty sure I have no issues with "alignment issue or something intermittently interfering with your dish's path to the satellite".

So if its not my weather and not my alignment... youre saying the only possible problem is the weather at my ground station? Any one know where that would be so we can check their weather for the past week?

Tags (1)
Senior Instructor

Beam 82 is Cheyene, Wyoming. You can check the weather there if you like.

Incidentally, receive and transmit are two different animals. You could have erratic transmission and not see it in the receive strength at all. For example, if you have any foliage (or other other things) within 45 degrees of the dish's field of view the transmission could be reflected back into the dish effectively causing a standing wave pattern in your transmitted signal.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

There is nothing (trees, building, etc) anywhere near the dish's field of view. the closest tree is a couple hundred feet away, and the dish is up on my roof. Field of view is well clear of the closest trees. Also, this dish was installed litterally a month ago and the tech said everyting looked really good as far as having a clear view.

Today there is not a cloud in the sky here, and it looks like Cheyenne, WY has a little clouds, but no rain. Same looking back the past few days there.

Just to recap.. I have been a business customer for about 5 weeks. The first 3 weeks the service was acceptably ok. Speed tests showed latency < 1 second, and transmission speeds > 20mbps. About a week ago, the service stopped working. Now, web pages fail to load and its so bad I can not even run a speed test. When I check, I get a state code of 12.1.9, and Satellite Receive Signal Strength of 100.

New Poster

Ok, so I unplugged the modem for about a minute and powered it back on (for about the 4th time in the last week) and now the state code is 0.0.0

I am able to run a speed test, and it worked finally... I am getting 1.8 mbps download... Ill take that as a win, although not really an acceptable speed. My cell phone as a hot spot is at least 5 mbps.

Highlighted

Hi tspeary,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. The community is geared more towards our residential customers, so we have limited abilities concerning business/SME accounts. I highly suggest calling that 800.347.3272 business support line, as they are better equipped to assist you.

Your undersanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->