State Code 12.7.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mb12
New Poster

State Code 12.7.1

Lost all service at least last Thursday with the system status listed on the attached photo.  Even though the phone shows wifi there was none.  I checked all connections and rebooted several times still no success.  Weather was clear and sunny for the time I was at this home (Thursday-Sunday of last week).  I am only there every two weeks with no one else using the internet and no TV.  Need help with a solution to this problem.  There was no one at this home and my data had reset two days prior to last Thursday and somehow I am now showing only 43% of my data remaining.  

9 REPLIES 9
MarkJFine
Professor

If it's been like this for several days, then your dish is likely out of alignment or the transmitter part of the radio went bad. 12.7.1 is usually a transient code indicating that there was no response from the gateway and it's doubtful that the gateway would be down for so long.

Also, since it appears the modem was not in contact with the network, there was no way for the usage to be properly updated. The modem doesn't track it internally and would have no way of knowing if your account reset. Therefore it's showing what it last knew to be true.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Weather at the gateway (which is always in another state) can also cause issues. However, since you've had this problem for so long, the reps may want to run remote diagnostics on your site to see what may be going on.  They're here M-F, approximately 9-6. Give them a chance to check and get back to you. Hopefully the issue can be solved remotely; if they send a technician, someone over 18 needs to be at the site.  The data displayed by the system may be the last status before it lost contact with the satellite; it will catch up once it can contact it again. 

"Lost all service at least last Thursday with the system status listed on the attached photo.  Even though the phone shows wifi there was none.  I checked all connections and rebooted several times still no success.  Weather was clear and sunny for the time I was at this home (Thursday-Sunday of last week).  I am only there every two weeks with no one else using the internet and no TV.  Need help with a solution to this problem.  There was no one at this home and my data had reset two days prior to last Thursday and somehow I am now showing only 43% of my data remaining."

Remy

Mb12,

Thanks for reaching out! I've run some diagnostics and it seems we're going to need to get a technician out to your location. I've gone ahead and set up a dispatch to resolve these issues. I've set it up for our earliest available time and date, 10/03/2022, between 8-11AM. I've also waived all associated fees as courtesy. Please let us know how the technician visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

Mb12
New Poster

No one will be at this home until 10/21.

Mb12,

That's perfectly fine! We have a date available 10/25. Will there be someone on site on this date?

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

@Mb12 

You should edit your SAN out of the snapshot. This is something that shouldn't be viewable to the public.

Mb12
New Poster

I can be there any day week of 10/10 or the week of 10/17.  Please remove SAN from my post as I don't know how.

GabeU

@Mb12 wrote:

I can be there any day week of 10/10 or the week of 10/17.  Please remove SAN from my post as I don't know how.

Being that the reps likely won't be back until tomorrow to do it for you, and being that they almost assuredly don't need the snapshot anymore, you can just delete it from the post. To do so, you can click on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the message and then click "Edit Message".  You can then just remove it like you would text, like using the Delete key or Backspace through it. 

However, just in case they do end up still needing it, here is the snapshot with the SAN erased...

IMG_0310 (1).png 

Mb12,

Would you be able to be on site 10/11 between 8-11AM?

Thanks,

Remy