Status meter cannot find my modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomcox1
New Poster

Status meter cannot find my modem

Status meter loads, but returns an error message, "Whoops! A HUGHESNET MODEM COULD NOT BE FOUND." The modem (HT1100) is connected and working. I tried a Windows "repair" on the meter app, but no change. No changes to the desktop on which the meter was installed and working before this. Stable, W7 desktop.
12 REPLIES 12
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

In the meter settings try unchecking the default address and enter systemcontrolcenter.com. Then recheck and save the box if it doesn't work.

Did you change anything on your router if you have one?
Amanda

Hi there!

Actually should be... Right click status meter > Settings > Uncheck default address > enter 192.168.0.1 and save

Let us know if that works, Tom!

Thanks
Amanda
tomcox1
New Poster

The modem is at 192.168.0.1. I can browse to its control page that way. I can also ping it from the DOS window. I tried entering the default, manually changing to the above, and to systemcontrolcenter.com. None of those works. No recent changes to the router. I added a timed switch a month ago that cycles power to the router and modem overnight, but the failure of the usage meter is recent. I added the timed switch in an effort to prevent ridiculous data usage figures that occurred last month, and there have been no recurrences of that, so far.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Right click on the icon for the status meter in the computers systray.
That will bring up a configuration menu.

As Amanda stated, uncheck "default address" and enter 192.168.0.1 and click save.
tomcox1
New Poster

Already tried that, as above. Negative.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

tomcox1
New Poster

Although I am an administrative user, I don't have access to that folder. I may have to look up the DOS-level commands for changing that. And, what changed? The meter worked fine, until it broke. I haven't made any big changes.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

At times the status meter is unable to get update information ....
Not saying that is the case this time but if you made no changes it likely .
Is the modems SCC at 192.168.0.1 getting usage data info ?
Amanda

Hi

Looks like everything is showing its hooked up right, nothing that can explain this issue infront of me right now... Tom - do you have another computer you have the status meter installed on, or could install it on and see if it works? Have you tried plugging your computer right into the modem and seeing if it detects it then?

Thanks
Amanda

I have the same problem, but I'm a Mac user.  Just upgraded to Gen 5.  Using version 6.2, but there's no point in upgrading to something that still can't find my modem. Tried all the above options, but no joy.  Anyone able to help?

I'm also a Mac User (Macbook Pro running OS ver.10.12.6) and have the same issue with the latest version (6.7.0) of the status meter.  In addition, I tried version 6.6.1 with the same result...endless search for the modem.  I've tried deleting the meter and reloading with no change.  It did work at one time, but after several power outages, the meter cannot find the modem.  I suspect the problem might be at the modem since the power outages will affect the modem and NOT my laptop, and that seems to be the only variable in this case. Note, I do have the modem plugged into a surge protector to protect it from power surges.

@cybercycle1wrote:

I'm also a Mac User (Macbook Pro running OS ver.10.12.6) and have the same issue with the latest version (6.7.0) of the status meter.  In addition, I tried version 6.6.1 with the same result...endless search for the modem.  I've tried deleting the meter and reloading with no change.  It did work at one time, but after several power outages, the meter cannot find the modem.  I suspect the problem might be at the modem since the power outages will affect the modem and NOT my laptop, and that seems to be the only variable in this case. Note, I do have the modem plugged into a surge protector to protect it from power surges.

I finally got the status meter to work by doing a "soft" reboot of the HT2000W modem instead of a "hard" reboot (unplugging the power and replugging the power supply).  The soft reboot is triggered from the System Control Center panel.  Not sure why there is a difference, but the modem's internal program must contain different code for either type of "boot".  Hope this helps you Mac users.