cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status meter cannot find my modem

Highlighted

Status meter cannot find my modem

Status meter loads, but returns an error message, "Whoops! A HUGHESNET MODEM COULD NOT BE FOUND." The modem (HT1100) is connected and working. I tried a Windows "repair" on the meter app, but no change. No changes to the desktop on which the meter was installed and working before this. Stable, W7 desktop.
12 REPLIES 12
Assistant Professor

Re: Status meter cannot find my modem

In the meter settings try unchecking the default address and enter systemcontrolcenter.com. Then recheck and save the box if it doesn't work.

Did you change anything on your router if you have one?

Hi there!

Actually should be... Right click status meter > Settings > Uncheck default address > enter 192.168.0.1 and save

Let us know if that works, Tom!

Thanks
Amanda

The modem is at 192.168.0.1. I can browse to its control page that way. I can also ping it from the DOS window. I tried entering the default, manually changing to the above, and to systemcontrolcenter.com. None of those works. No recent changes to the router. I added a timed switch a month ago that cycles power to the router and modem overnight, but the failure of the usage meter is recent. I added the timed switch in an effort to prevent ridiculous data usage figures that occurred last month, and there have been no recurrences of that, so far.
Honorary Alumnus

Right click on the icon for the status meter in the computers systray.
That will bring up a configuration menu.

As Amanda stated, uncheck "default address" and enter 192.168.0.1 and click save.

Already tried that, as above. Negative.
Assistant Professor

Although I am an administrative user, I don't have access to that folder. I may have to look up the DOS-level commands for changing that. And, what changed? The meter worked fine, until it broke. I haven't made any big changes.
Honorary Alumnus

At times the status meter is unable to get update information ....
Not saying that is the case this time but if you made no changes it likely .
Is the modems SCC at 192.168.0.1 getting usage data info ?

Hi

Looks like everything is showing its hooked up right, nothing that can explain this issue infront of me right now... Tom - do you have another computer you have the status meter installed on, or could install it on and see if it works? Have you tried plugging your computer right into the modem and seeing if it detects it then?

Thanks
Amanda