cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming, telephone ongoing issues

Highlighted
New Poster

Streaming, telephone ongoing issues

I have five pages of notes of issues I've been having with HughesNet since it was installed in December 2017.  They have sent service men out three times.  I made a mistake when I signed up and have had nothing but issues but, of course, HughesNet wants to charge me $600 to get rid of their system.  I have all kinds of issues with streaming.  There are many things that I was not told about HughestNet when they "sold" me the service.  I have two issues right now.  I went with the bundle concept so changed my telephone from CenturyLink.  I feel like I have gone back 20 years when cell phones first came out.  There is a lag time (pause) when talking to someone or we are talking over one another.  Really?  My friend called and kept asking me if someone was trying to call me as she kept getting this pause in our conversation.  The other issue is that my TV would shut off for no reason.  I called DishNet and was connected to a great customer rep.  We tried a few things and he actually CALLS me and checks if the issue is continuing.  It was so he did some tests and said that my internet service is not very good and could be causing the issue.  He did an un-bridging and now I cannot stream in my bedrooms on the Joey's.  This is not acceptable and not what I signed up for.  I should be allowed to cancel without penalty and find a service that works for me.  HughesNet can take a lesson from DishNet on how to treat customers. Having someone at DishNet who speaks ENGLISH and calls me to check on things and is still trying to fix the issue.  One other question:  if I have data bytes left over at the end of the month do they carry over?  I am sure they don't, but they sure don't mind slowing you down (even more) if you use up your data.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Streaming, telephone ongoing issues

@plskeahan

With that type of ETF ($600) it sounds like you may have a business account rather than a residential account.  This site is for support for residential accounts, not business accounts.  In order to get help with a business account, please call 800-347-3272.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

No I am residential.  I was told that if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay $595 or some outrageous amount.  I wrote $600 just to make a point.  Thanks for replying.  My issues are many and often and I have yet to get resolution.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@plskeahanwrote:

No I am residential.  I was told that if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay $595 or some outrageous amount.  I wrote $600 just to make a point.  Thanks for replying.  My issues are many and often and I have yet to get resolution.

Ah.  I forgot about the HughesNet Voice ETF.  

Edit:  Regarding your data, it does not roll over, so whatever you have left at the end of the month is gone when your new month starts.  Only token data rolls over.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro