cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow Download Speeds

CMcIntire
Freshman

Re: Super Slow Download Speeds

Is there an update as to the status? Two weeks now with no word and the internet is still horribly slow when we use it.
Liz

Good morning CMcIntire,

Thanks for checking in, we don't have any relevant updates from engineering. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

bpenn3
Freshman

thise numbers are thru the hughes net seped, but when you run thru speednet, I get 1 -5 mbs. so huges test is not real world, as the latency for a real world test is 500-800ms. But according to the support page, they only accept thier test. I always distrust these guys when they wll not acccept another test that is valid. 

If I were getting the speed that is reported via the hughes test, there is no way that my viop session would be so bad. 

bpenn3
Freshman

to my previous point: 

these are the type of "requirments" to allow them to say. its not us, you did not follow the requirments. these are the same type of limit our exposure to poor service caviots. Had the same nonsense from Excede. 

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the 25MB size download test file
-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bpenn3

No, those are the type of requirements that are needed to verify the issue and also to point to the cause. 

Your assumption is baseless.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro