cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow Speeds, working from home, how can i get help

Highlighted
New Poster

Super Slow Speeds, working from home, how can i get help

I work for a Healthcare System, and have been mandated to work from home due to the COVID-19, i used all my data, and my current download speed is 9 and upload is 1. How can i increase this by not having to buy tokens every day for 2 weeks until my plan re-sets.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Super Slow Speeds, working from home, how can i get help

Hi codyman00,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

We have a lot of data saving tips here as well as an announcement post regarding COVID-19 that we keep updated as we get news from the top.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

Can you send me to the link for trying to speed up my connection?  I upped my data plan but still not able to do school work online... any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

I'm not sure there's such a thing. Is there, mods?

Everyone is experiencing slowed down speeds; it has to do with the load on the system, which is of limited capacity. Even people on cable internet are experiencing slowdowns, though the slower speeds are way more noticeable for those of us using satellite internet. With so many people being at home, it is to be expected. 

dandme2 wrote:

Can you send me to the link for trying to speed up my connection?  I upped my data plan but still not able to do school work online... any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

This is for Liz the moderator. I'm new to Hughesnet after being with Frontier for several years. My wife is working remotely now and needs to Skype with clients. We tried to skype and while I can see and hear her she cannot hear me and the picture is distorted.(she's currently at another location with AT&T cable internet). I've got download speed avg 37 mbps and up load of 0.93 mbps. What is normal?? I want to guess that the problem is my upload speed is slow if she has trouble receiving my signal. Can you pay to upgrade upload speed??  I'm nowhere near data limits. Thanks   CF

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@CF 

Your upload speed and Skype issues are likely due to congestion, which has greatly increased as of late.  

If you need help, please start a new topic in order to keep your issue separate.  You can do so here.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@dandme2 wrote:

If you're having speed issues, please follow the instructions on this page, then start a new topic to keep your issue separate.  You can start that new topic here

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

The only links we've provided so far are to our COVID-19 response and the data saving tips in my original reply.

Our FAQ also has this article with some other tips on making the most out of your HughesNet service (there's some overlap, but useful nonetheless). At this point, limiting devices on the network and conserving data to avoid the reduced speeds under the Fair Access Policy may help with performance.

I'll close this thread as I've alread addressed this customer's concern privately.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.