cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow , here we go again !!

Highlighted
New Poster

Super slow , here we go again !!

well, here we go again, have not been on here because HN is sooooo slow and complaining does not do much good, always the same answers.  About 6 month ago I had a go around re- Data loss, that has been ok, my account was monitored for about 4 weeks and all was well, soon after that  my  internet speed was super slow and has been like that until now, getting pretty tired of this. I have kept a DAILY log of my sign in, times and usage. Just today it took from 6.18am till 7:05 am to pay 2 bills online, getting thrown off twice, a confirmation email from Verizon took 6 minutes to receive. I update early in the morning  because it takes so long, Norton sec. updates 1 1/2 hrs. Yesterday Ctrl Ctr. status light was yellow for 2 hrs, I had NO access to satellite, I can go on and on, and that only in the last 6 month , I have been a customer of theirs for  about 4 1/2 yrs now and one would think service would have gotten better, oh NO,  HN is the worse provider ever. We have had great weather, clear skies. I took my computer to a friends house , she has cable, wow, that's what I call high speed. NOT like HN .  Also it does NOT matter what time I use my computer, it is always super slow. A 1 min. video takes 5 minutes to look at with  constant buffering. Again I have I desk top computer, no router or other devices, I am a senior just trying to keep in touch with the world, use FB, email, ebay and sometimes read a local paper online. other then that HN is useless, no games, movies, videos or anything else, Try sending a picture to  a friend, impossible . Emails... have to delete one at a time constant buffering and when I click on the email to delete it,  it opens , not good. Trying to get to the email is another thing, have to try 2 and 3 times, That is HN. I tell anyone  that is looking for a provider to stay away from HN. A neighbor up the road was told  to get special adapters etc. which they did ($300.00) they have HN, it did nothing.  All the complaining does no good, first 3 month were great, after that HN only wants your money. My son has EXCEDE next door, been monitoring that so far so good, will switch to that in the near future if his  service stays as it has been ,  for less money too.  Well HN a very dissatisfied customer here.

150 REPLIES 150
Highlighted

Re: Super slow , here we go again !!

Good morning Euni,

Thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your speed concerns. To get started, please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests so that we get a proper evaluation of your system performance:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy....

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Euni, if you haven't already done so, you should set up an account at testmy.net and do your speed tests using that account.  It will keep track of the tests so that they can be looked at by the reps or other people that could help.  It will help in being able to see patterns that may be useful in determining what is going on.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

We must have seen the post at the same time.  LOL.  Yours is more informative than mine. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

well, been on here  since 6:30am trying to post, no dice... tried to set up account with "testmynet" got message "not permitted to register, error code 2S272/1. This sucks, it is 7:03 am and I have accomplished nothing, I do not have the time or patience anymore,
Highlighted

Good morning Euni,

I see you're still on one of our legacy plans which only offers up to 1 Mbps in download speeds. What kind of activities are you trying to do online? At this point, with websites being more multimedia content heavy, everything may seem slow at 1 Mbps.

Are you at least able to run speed tests here? http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com 

I won't be able to escalate your case up to our engineers without a baseline of your speeds.

Alternatively, we do have other plans that offer more speed for less than you're paying monthly. If you plug in your address here, you can see the plans available in your area: http://www.hughesnet.com/

Please note those are Gen 4 plans and will require Gen 4 equipment. You may also call in at 866.347.3292 to upgrade to Connect or Connect Pro, which are Gen 4 plans available on your HN9000 modem.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hello Liz, I was able to run 5 speed tests on  the link you posted.  I do not want GEN 4 , have enough holes on my roof already. All I do on my computer is email, IF I can get to it, delete email one at a time as it keeps buffering, ebay, unable to sell there as it times out, I get thrown off, to slow, read a paper, facebook and that's about it, that is ALL I CAN DO, sometimes I like to get a pattern from a website for crocheting, nearly impossible. NO gaming, NO videos, No Netflix, No life streaming, impossible. I do try to  pay a couple of bills online , which takes 30-45 minutes, try to order a prescription online, forget it, faster to call it in. ( I have to do mail order scripts)   and as I can see, I am not the only one with SLOW internet.  It was working fine last time I complained, was monitored for about 4 weeks by someone name Chris, received an  email from him, as soon as that was done, slow again , also I do most of my "computering" at 6-7 AM during free or bonus time.  
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Euni, if you are on the 7000s system it is slowly dying and most likely will not be supported at all for residential customers before long. In other words will have to upgrade eventually or totally lose satellite service. Things move on technology wise and the old stuff is eventually phased out.

My opinion, for what is worth, is that you will continue to experience up and down performance until the day it is totally shut down.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

I used to have a 7000s on a Pro Plus plan, 475 MB per day @ 1.6 Mbps and roll over.
It worked well for my needs for years but a forced transponder change due to reduced leases put me in a spot of either change or drop it.

In the end I went to Gen4 HT1100 and it turned out to have been a good choice.
Had Spaceway3 been my only option . ... that would have been a different matter.

As BirdDog said, they are letting go of the 7000 systems as well they should.
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi, what is the 7000s system?