cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System and transmit light is out

dtbowman
New Poster

System and transmit light is out

On the first day of the new year, we came home from work and could not connect to our WIFI on either of our phones and Xbox. We then noticed that the system light was out on our modem. We called tech support, they ran a diagnostic check, and told me we were connected, but that they had experienced issues. She said that the system would be reset that night. It was still not working the next night. I called back and was told the system had been reset, and I should give it some time.Days have passed and the issue is not resolved. I called again and was told that there was an issue after running another diagnostic check and trying to connect to cable and wifi. It says that our phones are connected to the wifi, but it will not upload. Our Xbox will not connect using a cable connection. They put in an order to be contacted by advanced engineers, and I have not received a call. I called back, and they said the same thing.I need internet to be able to do my work and schoolwork effectively. It has been a week and no progress has been made to attempt to restore our connection. Can we get help from the company, or are we going to have to do it ourselves? If that is the case, what is there that can be done?

Drew Bowman

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: System and transmit light is out

@dtbowman

Hopefully the reps will be able to help you.  I will tag them so they will be sure to see this thread.

@Liz

@Amanda

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
dtbowman
New Poster

I am hoping. I have messaged them both, and still nothing.
GabeU

@dtbowman

It can take them a day or two to reply.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  

I should have asked this, but did you try power cycling your modem?  That means unplugging it from the outlet (NOT at the back of the modem), waiting about a minute or so, then plugging it back in and waiting about three or four minutes for it to finish powering up.  You had talked to tech support so I assumed they had you do this, but I shouldn't have assumed this. 

If you haven't tried this, please do.  I don't know that it will make any difference, but you never know.  Sometimes power cycling the modem can fix things.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hi dtbowman,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and ran remote diagnostics on your site. Please ensure that the coaxial cable connecting the HughesNet modem to the dish is tightly secured on both ends. Once this is done, please let me know so I can run new diagnostics on your site.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

dtbowman
New Poster

The issue seemed to resolve itself a couple days after I posted this. It snowed in the area today. Sky’s are clear now, but half way through the storm, the internet went out again. Same issue with the lights. I’ve restarted modem and made sure coax cable is tight on both ends.
Liz

Hi dtbowman,

Thank you for the update and for checking the cable. I've made an adjustment at your modem as well. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any connectivity issues.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

dtbowman
New Poster

Things were running great when we woke up. Still connected and doing well, but streaming Netflix is really hard. Internet is slow. Sky’s are clear.
GabeU

@dtbowman

I don't know if this will help, but try turning OFF the Video Data Saver to see if that solves the Netflix issue.  Or, you can choose to pause it for four hours, which can be very helpful for those of us that may forget to turn it back on manually.  

What is Video Data Saver?  

bbjwlsn
New Poster

We have been having the same issue for several days now. I emailed customer service last night but they just told me to do all the basic things like clean out my cookies and stuff. That would be fine.. if the modem lights were on to begin with, but my computer isn't the problem if all but the power light are off! They did say they would schedule a courtesy call for 24 hours from last night at 11 pm. Unless my dad got a call that I don't know about, they haven't called. And really, it's no use unless they can fix it from that end, because if they expect us to shell out money to have someone come out here, we are going to just have to cancel the service, because we can't afford to pay for someone to come look at the box. Everything appears to be ok, except for the lights being off(other than the power button). Usually when it's out due to weather I can at least get to the system control center.

Anyway, my dad said he will call tomorrow to try to find out something. But if I can find out something here, that would be great.