Hughesnet Community

TestMy.Net results; verrrrrrry slow YouTube

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeAndRaya

TestMy.Net results; verrrrrrry slow YouTube

Hello. My husband and I are not only completely new to HughesNet, we are also complete tech idiots who barely know what we're doing. Please bear with us as we may ask a lot of stumbling, bumbling, basic questions.

I ran the tests at testmy.net, as instructed, and I'm not even experienced enough to know whether these numbers are good, bad, or indifferent. We just signed up for HughesNet yesterday, and today the YouTube videos are crawling. If we're lucky, we'll hear a sentence or two before the video starts buffering. Also the internet in general seems to be acting slowly.

Not sure what other information is needed. Please feel free to tell me. And thank you for your help.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/MrAndMrsBrady?type=user_name&q=MrAndMrsBrady&limit=25

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The URL you need to post is this one: https://testmy.net/quickstats/MrAndMrsBrady

You will need to run your tests using the manual test size of 25 MB for your download test and 4 MB for your upload tests. The techs here require these standard sizes. You will also need to be connected directly to the modem (meaning, not using wi-fi).  There is information about how to do the tests on this site; it's the second post in the Tech Support main area. 

The two download tests you have show a very good speed. Your upload speed is low, though. 

Because your download speed is good, the issue may be related to congestion and latency.  These are especially noticeable during prime time but can happen at any time. They're also very noticeable with data intensive activities, especially streaming. Satellite internet is not ideal for streaming because of these issues. 

Liz

Good morning MikeAndRaya, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!