Hughesnet Community

Testmy.net results (only mine or someone else's too?)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macsociety
Advanced Tutor

Testmy.net results (only mine or someone else's too?)

Little confused this AM on testmy.net results.

I only run 25MB down and 3MB up now on this service and always logged in when doing so.

I see some results and speeds I don't run.

Am I also seeing other peoples results (from Florida) or someone else able to run tests using my account?

I see some white results with happy faces next to them and are from the Los Angeles.  Those appear to be mine. Then I see some yellowed out results (from Florida) and not all are mine, maybe some are but hard to tell. The icon is not a face next to them but some X. 

I don't run as example tests with download sizes of 25.8, 19.4, etc..... so think many of these are someone else's... or are they mine but the data gets changed somehow.

Just throwing me off for what I am looking at.

There are all sorts of tests on downloads not the normal 25MB I now only do so figured I would ask.

http://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=10102017&x=2&l=25&q=macsociety

Regards

TJ

9 REPLIES 9
MarkJFine
Professor

The default is to show all HughesNet results, not just yours.

If you you'd like to see just yours, click "Results" (it says "My Results") underneath.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

HI Mark, that is what I am on (clicking My Results), but seeing all these oddball download sizes being downloaded, with a Florida next to it.  They are highlighted in yellow.  Mine that I do (25MB) are all in white.  

I believe all the yellow ones are someone else (not MacSociety who I am) but for some reason, leaving them there in yellow versus just removing from the list.

Can't find where I can clear all out other than mine. 

Odd for me at least but I will read through the lines.  Just looks weird to me.

TJ

lol... All I see are assumably your results when I click that link:
Untitled.jpeg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

lol... All I see are assumably your results when I click that link:
Untitled.jpeg

Yeh, I work from a home office so I run these all day.  LOL.

Hoping for a day I don't have to do this.  😉

TJ

Honestly, it will come. Something's not right at the moment with DLs but this is definitely not a user-loading situation because the UL speed and overall latency is fine.

Pretty sure that once they find the culprit(s) this system will fly.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It may help that when you run a test if you think someone elses results are being logged under your account, to select the Extra ID for each test you run and set it to something...  Sort of how I do Location 4 and Location 5 to distinguish the difference between my Gen4 and Gen5 test results.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

There is a very small print toggle hotspot at the bottom of the My Results page to turn other ID results on and off.

toggle.JPG

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog

Ya beat me to it.  

It think it's a little odd that it includes others by default rather than excluding them.  

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's odd and confusing too.