cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Hughesnet Status meter

Highlighted
New Poster

The new Hughesnet Status meter

Hi . I had the same situation. I downloaded the update on my 32bit system . When I went to install it was for 64 bit system ,  so I installed it on my #2 computer 64bit W8.1 . so I will just wait until my Meter offers another update so as to get the 32 bit . I have no sense of urgency to update . After installing on my 64bit system  it looks and acts the same . My suggestion is ok good people fret not and be patient , I know it was a pain to download and do the repeat install etc but it will correct itself . My only concern is the 80 MB of download it took . And now I will have to use another 80 or so to get a 32bit later ? I actually feel that since they recommend and urge us to use it , the download should not go against out daily / monthly data limits .
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: The new Hughesnet Status meter

If you need the older Hughesnet meter that works on a 32 bit Windows system, it's here...

http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/zjZNJSle/file.html

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Tutor

I used the 64 bit for a day or two but didn't like the really goofy looking set of processes it was running. What possible benefit could there be to a 64 bit status meter vs a 32 bit status meter? If it ain't broke, don't keep screwing with it until it is. Illusory superiority :-)
Highlighted

Gabe,  Have a link for the 32 bit meter that doesn't want you to install junkware?
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

No junkware in that file, I uploaded it myself.
Highlighted
Tutor

I wonder if zippyshare modified it for you? Do those service providers keep them clean?

I have versions from 6.0 through 6.2-something  I'm running 6.0.0 now
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Oh well, yea it now redirects to some other junk. Good while it lasted.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

I suggest that you go to:

https://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Create user accounts and PM each other so you can privately share (throw-away) email addresses and then send the executable as an attachment.

Highlighted
Tutor

I've done that before at the shack.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Sadly the Shack is now closed. DSLR remains as a neutral ground with a PM function.