This PC may be trash

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rascal777jimmy
Sophomore

This PC may be trash

My tech. buddies have gutted this laptop and rebuilt it ! Not any better than it was ! They cannot find a problem with HughesNet . I belive this thing has a virus that they can't find ! Will save up some coins to get a new one . Will get our Police computer Tech. to help with setup . Will also be open for help from Support !

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Did they try one of their computers with your Hughesnet connection to make sure that the problem is, in fact, with your computer?  Or, if not, do you a friend or family member that would lend your their computer to check just to make sure?   

They are afraid they may get a virus ! Our Police computer tech thinks the other guys don't know enough ! I may be able to get him to do it . He has some used laptops that are still good just old . Like me !

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Rascal777jimmy,

As long as the testing machine isn't connected to your computer in any way (via bluetooth, networked, etc), nor any other devices you use with Hughesnet, and you don't use any flash drives or anything else that was connected to your computer or your other devices in the testing machine, there's no way a virus could transfer to the testing machine.  Neither Hughesnet, nor the modem, can be infected with anything, so connecting a testing machine to it is safe.

And, of course, it's would be best to have your computer off during the time they are testing so that it doesn't try to seek other computers out to connect to.  Heck, you could even take the battery out of it during this time to be extra safe.        

Whenever I can get this done I will be sure this one is defanged !