cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a joke.

Freshman

This is a joke.

We cant even watch a movie or do anything. I have to be on my phone and use the data off of it just to get on here. We have had issues with hughesnet since day one. We try to do anything and it takes so long for anything to load or work. My kids have been trying to watch a movie, it's only an hour and 55 mins long it has been well over 4 hours they have been trying to watch this. Yes our weather sucks here today but even on a normal sunny day we can't do anything with our internet. As soon as I find another carrier we will be cancelling.
17 REPLIES 17

Re: This is a joke.

Hello Aaron,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I apologize for the slow speeds.  After running some diagnostics on your account, I noticed that you are out of your monthly data allowance. If you go to this link (http://hninfo.us/datatips), it will give you some great tips on managing data.

Thanks,

*Felicia*

FN9
New Poster

Hughesnet is the worst.  Even with their "Bonus bytes" They cheat customers by flipping from bonus bytes to customer paid data early.  Also, they will never admit the problems.  Get out while you can .  Warnings about Hughesnet should be all over the internet..  Good luck

Distinguished Professor IV

@FN9 wrote:

Even with their "Bonus bytes" They cheat customers by flipping from bonus bytes to customer paid data early.  

Utter nonsense.  Data is drawn from available Bonus Bytes from 2:00AM to 8:00AM, local time.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Within 10 minutes of our new month we didn't have any data usage for some reason. You guys are a joke. Our internet doesn't work for crap no matter what
Freshman

Thanks we are currently looking for another internet provider now

@Hroberts wrote:
We cant even watch a movie or do anything. ....................

I noticed the moderator said you were out of data.   Watching movies will quickly use up all of your data, and then your speed will be  throttled..

As soon as I find another carrier we will be cancelling.

Good luck with that!  I've been looking for fifteen years!

Of course, I'm so far out in the boonies, I can't even get a cell phone signal at my house.  Wouldn't want to  live anyplace else though.

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
Macbeth
Assistant Professor

@Hroberts wrote:
Within 10 minutes of our new month we didn't have any data usage for some reason. You guys are a joke. Our internet doesn't work for crap no matter what

What size plan do you have?

If you're draining all your data that quickly you must have a lot of devices using a lot of data very quickly. Even with top speed at say 25 Mbps you can't have 3+ devices all competing to use the Internet at the same time, especially streaming. Things will be slowed down a lot and you will use your data very quickly, as you've discovered.

Good luck finding another provider. Most of us only have satellite available for Internet. It is why we try to adjust, learn and do the best we can with what is available.

Freshman

I agree... I have had the service for not even 2 1/2 weeks. I have to take a Xanax if I want to watch TV because all it does is buffer. I have been calling in getting told it's a speed issue but some a connection issue meaning I need awifi booster they happen to sell for $99.00 you want me to spend more money before I get my first bill and yet if I want to cancel due to their issues it's going to cost me $400.00 seriously that's just crap. I spent New year's on the phone. Tired
Tags (2)
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hroberts wrote:

Just a thought, but if you are checking your balance with the mobile app and using your phone's data, or another device that is connected to internet other than HughesNet, and your HughesNet modem is not plugged in, your data can't reset.   It will continue to show what it did at the time you unplugged the modem until you plug it back in, enabling it to update your data for the new cycle.  

Though data can be used quickly by various things, it is impossible for and entire month's worth of data to be used in ten minutes.  It doesn't make any sense.  It sounds to me like something is not allowing your data to reset to the new month, like your HughesNet modem not being plugged in.  

Or, by saying "we didn't have any data usage", do you mean that you were not able to access the internet, but you did have data available?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit