cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Days of extremely slow and unresponsive internet connection.

Freshman

Re: Three Days of extremely slow and unresponsive internet connection.

Welcome to Hughes net where they don't care about you only getting more people to get on and slow it down more

Assistant Professor

@Azbadboyz wrote:

Welcome to Hughes net where they don't care about you only getting more people to get on and slow it down more

Except, more people on to slow it down is not the problem. Your opinion is unsubstantiated.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

@Liz

Alright, thanks. I will set it up once I receive it. Will also keep this line of communication open until I get it tested. Thanks for the reply. If any issue still occurs. I will be in touch. Smiley Happy

You're welcome! Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor III

@Azbadboyz wrote:

giphy.gif

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

@Liz

Oh I also wanted to add that these Red X I keep getting in the uplink line in my hourly history only seem to show up when I am actively using my internet while browsing and what not.

I just got one as of typing this. I normaly work from 8pm EST-6am EST. so chances are if any diagnostics are going on at that time. My computer is shut off and I am not actively using my internet. Just figure I give a heads up on that. Not sure if that helps any... Just figure I leave it here.

Thanks for the heads up. I can assure you I won't be here at 8 pm running diagnostics on anything. LOL

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

New modem installed and plugged in. For about 1 hour after it updated and ran through it's installation process. Everything was fine. Now it is back to doing the same thing. Lots of red X in my Uplink in Current Hourly History every time I try to watch videos and brows heavy media based web pages.

If everything else looks good, as far as diagnostics coming back okay and all my system stats are all A okay. I just can't figure out what the problem is. I always have an issue with Hughesnet services about this same time every year and every time it is a different problem. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. This is beyond frustrating. Something tells me there is nothing that can be done to fix my issue either. Chances are no problem exists, at least any that can be seen.

I am going to bed. I just got done with a 13 hour work night. Any replies won't be read or responded to until tomarrow morning. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Assistant Professor

@t.steven

If it's not the transmitter nor a dish alignment then there might be something in the vicinity of the dish causing the problem.

Don't get discouraged. It will get it fixed one way or another.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi t.steven,

Thank you for the update. Do you normally unplug your lan cable from the modem too when you're not using the internet?

Thanks,
Liz