cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Editing On page within an online course will not load..

Highlighted
Freshman

Turn Editing On page within an online course will not load..

I teach an online course using Moodle as the LM system. Within the course when I click the Turn Editing On button, the page will not load. It just keeps spinning, the page is blank and at the bottom it says "waiting for fonts.googleapis.com

This is a Hughesnet wifi issue; I was able to load the page on my smartphone while not connected to my wifi; but when connected to wifi it would not load.

I just got the Gen5 yesterday. I was on the phone with a tech support today; the page came up but would not function; he said it was fixed and it is not.

This is unacceptable to have an issue with a brand new product. I need internet for my work and have never had this issue until now. 

I would appreciate any help from experts on this forum.

12 REPLIES
Teaching Assistant

Re: Turn Editing On page within an online course will not load..

Hi Cindy, you may need to change  your DNS servers to Google instead of the default HughesNet servers as  explained here: https://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page-loading-waiting-fonts-googleapis-com/

The servers I use are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and have very few problems.

Capture.JPG

Freshman

I am looking at the instructions now; and both Ipv4 and v6 both show Internet. So I don't know which one to select in the Properties box. 

Teaching Assistant

Here is how you do it on computer adapter: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-change-dns-server-ips-in-windows-7-8-and-10/

Not sure how it is done on Gen 5 modem/router as I'm still Gen 4 with my own router. Maybe someone will chime in on how to change or turn off default DNS server on a HT2000w modem. I also have my router set to Google DNS servers.

Freshman

I was able to change it in the v4 but it did not solve the problem.

Freshman

It would not accept this in the v6; said it was not valid numbers:  In case of IPv6 use preferred server as 2001:4860:4860 :: 8888 and alternate server as 2001:4860:4860 :: 8844.

Teaching Assistant

All I have left:

Capture.JPG

Assistant Professor

@BirdDog

I don't believe one can alter the IPv6 DNS setting in the HT2000W modem, only IPv4.  I searched in all of the settings and there's nowhere to change it.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Adjunct Instructor

@GabeU

should be able to set primary and secondary IPv6 DNSs on your device tho.

Assistant Professor

MarkJFine wrote:

@GabeU

should be able to set primary and secondary IPv6 DNSs on your device tho.

For sure.  My post was directed at BirdDog's reference to the HT2000W, though I forgot to indicate that.  I'll go back and change it.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit