cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

I have worked with technical support and have not been able to fix download speed issues. I have tried rebooting router, modem, computer, performed numerous download speed tests which all confirm I have issues that are not hardware related as speed issues appear to be time related. As far as I can tell, logic would dictate if you have a hardware issue it would be present 24/7. Tech is scheduled for tomorrow, but not pleased as I am being charged for service call despite equipment being under warranty and express service monthly payment for coverage.
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Chart pretty much sums up the issue. I doubt equipment would cause this issue
Assistant Professor

I see that 18.42 Mbps on the 15th at 11:36 PM so also believe your equipment is capable. You probably have a beam/gateway issue that can be corrected. Hopefully.

Can you post some afternoon tests?

These were taken once we arrived at the cabin. I'll be taking some more throughout the day as well. When we were here over he Xmas break it continues to degrade throughout the day.

Technician out, no hardware issues, adequate signal......remains a mystery.
Honorary Alumnus

Can you verify that those tests were done with a direct connect so that we may rule out any router firmware based "load leveling" ?

According to hughes tech that was onsite using his equipment there is no reason for the slow speeds on my end and was able to duplicate download issues. We called tech support together and supposedly an engineer is going to call back. It was direct connect. It's weird that speeds seem ok circa 1:00 am thru 6:00 am. The graph above says it all.

Direct connect