cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Highlighted

Re: Unable to achieve download speeds > 1Mbps

Good morning Roger, 

Thank you for these updates, I'll send them on to our engineers. I can understand your position, just keep me in the loop with any major decisions you decide to take. In the meantime, I'll add another credit to your account while we continue to work on this.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

I called customer service tonight to find out the process to terminate. They indicated the case needed to be escalated to tier 4 engineering before they can cancel my service without incurring a termination penalty. That was done back in January and apparently closed 1/30/16 without resolving the problem. I was told they are opening a new case and need to go through the process again. Any chance you can find out what is really going on? Based on our last conversation, engineers were aware of the problem and working on it. I would rather not terminate service if I can get it fixed or at least performing at some decent level. I invested in $400 worth of equipment that will be useless.

Thanks Liz!

Highlighted

Good morning Roger,  

Thanks for letting me know. I've added a note in your case (#52133007) that if you want to cancel, you may do so without incurring the ETF. Currently, while you're working with us, I've been crediting your account and will continue to do so until we see an improvement in your system performance. So either way, you have our support. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

I would rather stay with Hughes if it can be fixed. I am beginning to wonder if it is simply available bandwidth. I will wait until I hear back from the engineers on Friday (so I have been told). $400 worth of equipment and install is painful to walk away from.
Highlighted

We really appreciate your willingness to hang in there while our engineers continue to make adjustments to improve performance. Once I get any update from my contact, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Liz
Highlighted

Hi Liz,

A few things have transpired since Friday. I have cancelled service after learning they would not be able to fix the speed issue within a reasonable period of time - likely due to overcrowding on beam from what I understand. They were generous enough to apply a credit to cover the termination fee, but in doing so they erroneously kept the credit ($85)  that was given to me for the technician that was demanded by Hughesnet to verify it was not an equipment issue (back in January). I was told they would cover the cost of the technician since it was verified on site that is was a system problem on the Hughes end. I have made two attempts and elevated the refund issue to a supervisor without any success. Now they are apparently unwilling to refund the amount with the final closeout of my account and are instead applying it towards the termination fee.

They have instructed me to send my purchased equipment back for a refund of $200, but will not provide me a RMA number or shipping container similar to the leased equipment return. I am skeptical they will refund the equipment and again apply any credit against the termination fee. Can you please intercede and confirm what is the current status of the existing credit balance? I feel my AMEX should be credited back for the technician fee and the equipment credit. Can I actually expect a partial refund on the equipment or am I just wasting more time and shipping charges?

Thank you

Highlighted

Can you also please send me copies of the invoices from January through the close out of the account? the link is not working that was provided in the email notification of the closeout invoice. Thanks

Highlighted

What really defines a company is their actions when leaving service - so far I have not been impressed.....
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Will be tomorrow morning before Liz is back here. I'd bet she'll take care of you.
Highlighted

Hi Roger,

Please check your e-mails, I've addressed your concerns there. Just e-mail back if you have additional questions or need further clarification.

Thanks,
Liz