cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Meter Problems

Sophomore

Usage Meter Problems

Hi again,

I have been using the Usage Meter since we started HughesNet.  It has not worked for months now, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I get the same error message when installing or trying to open:

A Java Script Error occurred in the main process

Uncaught exception: Error parsing your configuration  file [.......] : Unexpected Token

Any ideas what I can do to make the usage meter run correctly?

I have a Windows 10 home 64-bit system. 

Kathy

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Usage Meter Problems

@KatBro 

The following thread has the solution...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Usage-meter-javascript-error/td-p/74825

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thank you!  Should have done a search first.  Nothing is new under the sun....

Kathy

Highlighted

@KatBro wrote:

Thank you!  Should have done a search first.  Nothing is new under the sun....

Kathy

You're very welcome.  And trust me, there have been times I've searched for topics or threads on here that I myself have been involved in and I still can't find them, so that you asked is fine.

I'm just glad I was able to help.  Smiley Happy

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Sophomore

Well, I've done everything in the old thread and none of it worked.  Same old thing - click on it, nothing happens.  Run as administrator, nothing happens.  Bizarre.  Thoughts?

Highlighted

@KatBro wrote:

Well, I've done everything in the old thread and none of it worked.  Same old thing - click on it, nothing happens.  Run as administrator, nothing happens.  Bizarre.  Thoughts?

Odd.  Deleting the folder indicated, then restarting the Usage Meter, should have generated the correct info to allow it to run.  

I don't really know what else to suggest trying.   Maybe doing the same, but instead of restarting the Usage Meter manually, restart the computer, which would cause it to start on Windows startup. Make sure you're deleting that entire HughesNet Usage Meter folder and not just what's in it.  

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Sophomore

I may try installing the mobile app on my phone tomorrow. 

If it works well, I can quit dinking around trying to get the PC based one to work.  I can think of fun-ner ways to spend my time.

Highlighted

Hello KatBro,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.