cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install

Highlighted
Junior

Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install

I've completed my Gen5 upgrade.  I downloaded and installed the Usage Meter (v 6.6.0) on both my desktop and tablet.  The usage meter displays okay (for the most part) on my desktop, but is blank on the tablet (all tabs/options).  Both are Win10 systems with the most up-to-date OS (on the 1607 branch). 

 

I've looked at this thread with the seemingly same problem, but the solution there was to ensure the usage meter is the latest version. It is v6.6.0 on both systems (I used the same install package for both). 

 

On what might be a related note "usage history" section doesn't work on the system where the other options are displayed.  It just displays a "Whoops! INTERNAL SERVER ERROR Please contact Hughesnet support." message.  At this point I'm a little less worried about this thinking that that option might not behave well with very little history to report.  I let you know if it persists. 

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Moderator
Moderator

Re: Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install

Good morning motobojo,

 

Thanks for posting and sharing these details. Our developers are working on the latest Usage Meter version to address display concerns, among other things. I've passed along your feedback to them. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Moderator
Moderator

Re: Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install

By the way motobojo, what kind of tablet are you using? So far the Usage Meter has been working fine on our Surface Tablet running 8.1.

 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Re: Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install


Liz wrote:
By the way motobojo, what kind of tablet are you using? So far the Usage Meter has been working fine on our Surface Tablet running 8.1.

I, too, am using a Microsoft Surface. It is running Win10 Pro (as is the desktop) v1607, osbuild: 14393.1066. I don't know if it is relevant but my Windows color scheme is high contrast black (which is also true on the desktop where the problem does NOT occur).  I mention the color scheme, because many apps, especially those who force a low contrast white color scheme in their app, ignoring the Windows color scheme, often times incompletely address their UI color choices and end up displaying white foreground graphics/text (inherited from the Windows high contrast black color scheme) on their app-enforced white background.  White-on-white == invisible.  But, as I said, on my desktop I also use a high contrast black Windows color scheme and the Usage Meter "works" to the degree that content is visible (though barely visible for me -- I'm visually impaired) using their low contrast white app-enforced color scheme.  Would it be possible for you to provide feedback to the developers that their color scheme really sucks for a broad range of visually impaired folks.  They really should be taking their cues on the choice of color scheme from the OS UI environment -- most modern, accessibility-sensitive apps do.

Moderator
Moderator

Re: Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install

Certainly, motobojo! This feedback is really useful, I'm sending this over to our devs now.

 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Re: Usage Meter blank after Gen 5 install


motobojo wrote:

On what might be a related note "usage history" section doesn't work on the system where the other options are displayed.  It just displays a "Whoops! INTERNAL SERVER ERROR Please contact Hughesnet support." message.  At this point I'm a little less worried about this thinking that that option might not behave well with very little history to report.  I let you know if it persists. 


fwiw an update on this ...

The error message no longer occurs when I select "usage history".  Apparently, the error message results when incomplete data exists for the period to be displayed.  E.g., Selecting "last month" when I have no usage data for that time period generates the error message above.