Very Very slow speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbca04
Freshman

Very Very slow speeds

Super slow service, EX. Last night I was watching a movie it buffered 57 times. This was over a 50 minute time frame where the movie itself had only played 21.47 minutes. Not to mention it was very poor pixelation on the movie. On top of the fact this was a new cycle. Yesterday all day it took forever even to go through email. I am the only person in this household utilizing the internet. Weather had clear skies. The service is very very very poor. FYI: During the 90's I had a internet service when internet was free and it was faster than ur service. I have turned the system off as recommended after receiving the service it doesn't help the problem. I would like to know if u can do something about this bec it is very poor service. In addition to this I would like to know if I can use any modem on ur service or does it have to be a Hughes net modem?

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

This procedure is required before the reps here can proceed with your case. 

As for the modem, you can only use the service with the HughesNet modem. 

GabeU

@pbca04 

Was the movie in HD?  If so, turning off or snoozing the Video Data Saver may help.  

Because of the extra load on the system due to so many more people being home and online as a result of the pandemic, congestion has increased. When this congestion is high, especially in the evenings, streaming can be negatively affected and the streamed items can buffer more than they normally would.  

The speed tests instructed by maratsade can help to determine if this is the cause.

Edit:  

@pbca04 wrote:

I have turned the system off as recommended after receiving the service it doesn't help the problem.  

Are you referring to power cycling the modem?  

Also, regarding your modem question, though you do have to use the HughesNet modem as maratsade stated, you can use a third party WiFi router with it if you wish.  You don't have to use the built in WiFi if you'd rather use your own.

LBOGGESS
New Poster

Don't hold your breath waiting for the usage to get better. It's always slow and buffering. This is the worst, most expensive internet service I've ever had.

maratsade

Unrealistic expectations and unwillingness to work to improve your experience will ensure your experience never improves. 

LBOGGESS wrote:

Don't hold your breath waiting for the usage to get better. It's always slow and buffering. This is the worst, most expensive internet service I've ever had.

First of all, you have know idea what I have or have not done to improve my experience. I've been going back and forth working with hughes net for months trying to fix this problem. Do not be so quick to judge people that you don't know or comment on a situation to which you have zero facts.

maratsade

Not judging you. 

This is a tech support site, so it'd be beneficial for you and others if you provided these facts and experiences. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Not judging you. 

This is a tech support site, so it'd be beneficial for you and others if you provided these facts and experiences. 

The weekend seems to cause some to mistake 'SUPPORT' in the title for 'complain' and this 'Support Community' for social media.

Liz

Good morning pbca04,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!