cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad decision on my part

New Poster

Very bad decision on my part

I learned alot about internet service in the last couple months. You turn off Direct tv because it costs to much and try Hulu and it works ok then ATT raises your price by 30.00 a month so you look somewhere else now I called hughes net and they said they couldnt match ATT service and you try a company that offers more speed at a lesser price (no brainer right). They come to install the dish on my roof and tell me its hughes net but the price is good so lets see how it works. I go throught the first three weeks streaming like I did before with ATT and my usage is at like 3% the service isn't very good the computer and phones dont work any faster streaming from Hulu is very poor quality cant even remember the last time I watched tv with this poor quality. Then in the last week of the month I run out of internet can't even see vidios on facebook so I go up to the next plan I keep streaming like normal and after a couple days I use 50% of my internet. So you cant really stream any tv if you use the internet for phones, computers, or ipads. Live and learn I guess now I dont know what to do drop Hulu, pay to get out of the hughes net, and get ATT and direct tv back. Guess you dont know what you got till its gone.

4 REPLIES 4
Associate Professor

Re: Very bad decision on my part

Your best bet would be going to Satellite or Cable TV, or use an Antenna for OTA.  Satellite Internet isn't really meant for heavy streaming.

New Poster

Thanks Corrosive, Ya I gave it a try sometimes the best way for me to learn is in the experience.

Distinguished Professor IV

@Mako56 

During your first twenty days of service your data allotment is continually refilled.  This would be why you were able to stream a lot during those first three weeks.  Once day twenty one hit, your data was no longer being refilled like that, so that streaming started to take its toll.  

Satellite internet is definitely not made for cord cutting, that's for sure.  

I do stream somewhat through PlayOn Cloud, though I still have DirecTV, as I can't do a lot of it.  Living in the boonies surely isn't cheap when it comes to being connected.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Thanks GabeU, I never really understood how it all worked but I did get a real lesson the last couple months. Thought I was getting ripped off but this is way worse you pay more for a lesser service.