cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet recently

Very slow internet recently

We have had hughesnet for a while and its been fine. Until recently. Our internet began to get very slow. Not even a megabyte per second upload or download and we havent even used all this months data. I ran speedtests on hughsnets website and it is still very bad. Sometimes it even just stops working. The router always says its in perfect running state with green lights next to system status and info. Maybe the satellite needs reaimed?
22 REPLIES 22
Advanced Tutor

Re: Very slow internet recently

Reboot everything; router, modem, computer. 

The lights on the router mean little more than that it's plugged in. Ignore and reboot.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Green lights i meant green squares on system control center. I rebooted everything and came up with 485 kbps download and 672 kbps.
Advanced Tutor

Hmmm... Where are you speed testing?

Advanced Tutor

See if you get the same results at http://testmy.net.

Run a series of five tests and average the results. May be a very busy time to test right now.

I got a high of 805 and low of 375 kbps. Its been slow all day recently
Advanced Tutor

That's pretty slow for a Gen4 system.Tried just one computer connected directly to the modem?

The HughesNet Forum mods aren't around here this time of night but post your modem serial number so they can locate your account in the morning when they log back in.

OK. i have tried Ethernet connection and wireless both are slow. Its used to be fast too.

don't post your account number... post your modem serial number or any recent case numbers