cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet speed for months

WilliamHolland
Freshman

Very slow internet speed for months

Hello my internet speed has been slow for months around the end September it started when we was getting a lot of high winds so i call for help and was told my contract had ran out but if i upgraded to the new gen5 i be under new contract and getting a tech person sent out would only cost 25 dollar i call today and was told it still cost me 125 dollar. so i like to know how much it would cost or any help on getting my net speed fix.speedtest.jpgmore pic.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Liz

Re: Very slow internet speed for months

Hi William, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I've pulled up your account and run remote diagnostics on your site and everything looks good as far as the HughesNet equipment is concerned.

So we can begin addressing your speed concerns, please post your testmy.net URL so we can review all your speed test results. If you don't have more speed tests, please create a testmy.net account and run 3 tests during the times you notice a slowdown. Post your test results link here in your thread.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

WilliamHolland
Freshman

Liz

Hi WilliamHolland,

Thank you for your results URL, I'll go ahead and escalate your case to engineering. We are supposed to be getting a general update from them this week regarding network performance. Once I have any updates to share, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hate
Freshman

"everything looks good as far as the HughesNet equipment is concerned"......

HAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Of course it is....

Way to sell it...

The service sucks. Its slow at night because the amount of users. 

They sold us FASTER speed... What we get its a huge scam.

Liz

Good morning William,

Thanks again for your continued patience. Engineering released a new code on your beam last week to address speeds. Are you seeing any improvements yet?

Lakeman2
Sophomore

So do you just draw straws out of a hat to see who you want to help on here.Everyone on here has the same problem.The service started out good when gen 5 started last April.Now it gets slower everyday...It is not this beam or that beam it’s over sold.Bait and switch !!! Where is Trump when you need him ???

billsnewdigs
New Poster

DITTO  from northwestern CA

WilliamHolland
Freshman

no Liz my internet is still very slow sorry for a long wait on the reply i just had gave up checking since it seem so many having the same issues

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Lakeman2wrote:

So do you just draw straws out of a hat to see who you want to help on here.

No drawing straws, and no need for drawings straws.  WilliamHolland started this thread and Liz is working with WilliamHolland.  If you would like help with your individual issue please start a new topic.  You can do so here... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro