cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me.

Re: Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me.

Enumerate your questions.

New Poster

Re: Very very poor data speeds since July when I joined. The seller rep lied to me.

Dear Amanda - Official Rep -

I opened ticket # 102642562 last night with the details of the testing done yesterday. The Hughesnet reply told me to "get on the Community Board".......and that "Executive Care Customer Support" was still investigating the issue".....

I'm hurting here. Is there anyone at Hughesnet that can tell me what my problem is or not?

The Champions have helped me to get to this point - really without any help from Hughesnet.
New Poster

Well I spent some time on the phone with hughesnet tech support . A speed test showed I was getting 20Mbps+ downloadspeed but when I tried to load the Hughesnet Support page it took over 35 seconds and she told me my router was not "receiving" so she forwarded me over to "Home Tech Support" (a Hughesnet Vendor). We spent a couple of hours on the phone and he remotely changed some settings on my Router and Modem. Don't have a clue what he changed but hoping it helped. no idea yet if things are better.
New Poster

here are a few download tests just completed (about an hour after router and modem modifications by "Home Tech Support"....

New Poster

Download test at 5:16 pm est

TIME arrow down                  SIZE   SPEED   USERPROVIDERTIDThu Feb 09 2017 @
5:14:08 pmDallas TX USarrow 12    MB6.29 Mbps 786 kB/sHughes Network history7CWcxvldnshare history
Distinguished Professor IV

jthill3,

Make sure you are signed in.  It appears that you were not signed in during any tests run today.  The last test for which you were signed in was run at 8:28PM yesterday.  

The reason that you need to be signed in is so that the test results can be attributed to you.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

here is the Results page with only tests by "jthill3". I just now ran a new download and upload test

New Poster

here is the link to the results page http://testmy.net/quickstats/jthill3
New Poster

I checked the EXCLUDE box like you talked about doing so only my tests would show up
Distinguished Professor IV

You're going to need to click on that "exclude" thing on the lower left again.  Your results in the pic you posted above are showing some tests that aren't yours again.  

Chances are the tech had you clear your cache, so that's why you weren't still signed in and that's why you need to click the "exclude" button on the lower left again to get rid of the test results that aren't yours.  All of those in yellow aren't yours.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit