Voice Service Not Working For Three Months

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DragonRider69
New Poster

Voice Service Not Working For Three Months

I live in Orange, TX. and for the second time in two years we were flooded all over southeast Texas. In the course of the flood lights went out for days and when they fixed it all and turned them back on I believe some type of electrical surge went through the ata box to my voice service and it started to smoke and smell burnt. It wouldn’t light up or even give my phone any type of ring tone or busy signal nothing. I have called HughesNet repeatedly and told them the issue and have continuously called complaining about the issue and not having phone service and still being charged for it even though I am unable to receive nor send out any phone calls. It’s going on three months now and still no phone service, no ata voice box that I have ordered every time I called and still being charged for the service. Unable to call from home and no reception on cell phone so I have to drive all the way to town to call HughesNet. I’m to the point where I am ready to cancel my entire service with Hughesnet, the wifi and voice service. It’s ridiculous to go through this much trouble to fix an issue better yet to even get a receptionist or an agent to take your info and issues down correctly and put in in the computer on your account file. I can not get an agent or rep from HughesNet to talk to me that’s from the United States or that even speaks good english! I’m at my wits end and I do not know how much more of this lack of customer service or care I can deal with.
Tracie Butler
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's crazy, Tracie. I hope the reps on this site can look into this and solve it for you today.  They have much more authority to fix things for you, so fingers crossed!  @Liz , @Damian 

Liz

Hi Tracie,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I definitely want to get this addressed for you so I've sent you a replacement ATA. When it arrives in a few days, follow these instructions to set up your new ATA. There is no need to return the old ATA to us. Let me know how the new ATA works out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Tracie,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope that new ATA is working well for you! If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!