cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice service drops calls & caller's voice is garbled

Highlighted
Freshman

Voice service drops calls & caller's voice is garbled

My voice service has always dropped calls often, but now the callers' voices have become garbled or fade out completely. I have performed all of the reset options available. Please assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Voice service drops calls & caller's voice is garbled

@wvfreedom 

This is something that the reps will have to help with.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, and they usually reply within a day. 

They'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, so please be sure to leave said equipment plugged in so that they can do so.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Thanks for replying. How do I reach the them?
Highlighted

@wvfreedom wrote:
Thanks for replying. How do I reach the them?

They'll reply here.  However, if you don't want to wait for the reps here to reply and you have another phone method available to you, you can call HughesNet Customer Care at 866-347-3292.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Thank you!
Highlighted

@wvfreedom 

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy  

Highlighted

@wvfreedom,

Thank you for reaching out to us. After running diagnostics, I was unable to find any issues with the equipment. Your speeds are currently being reduced due to exceeding the monthly data allotment, but there are no signal or service issues present. I do see that there are many devices connected to the network at once. I would try disconnecting as many devices from the network as possible, to see if that improves the voice quality. When many devices are added to the network and they are using data, the speeds may slow down for certain devices. Sometimes, this can affect all of the devices depending on their function. Your VoIP service is not affected by the throttled speeds, but because it is a device connected to the network just like the others, it is subject to the same issue. 

Since you state you have already performed all of the troubleshooting steps to correct this, I recommend calling into our support line and speaking with the VoIP department specifically. They will be able to escalate the case for deep investigation, should Tier 1 be unable to determine the issue. 

-Damian           

Highlighted
Freshman

May I have their phone number? I've been unable to reach them thru the phone numbers on the site. Thank you again.
Highlighted

@wvfreedom 

The customer support number is 866-347-3292.