cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice service quality issues

New Poster

Voice service quality issues

I have had ongoing issues with Hughes Phone service. At all times of the day and in all weather, both sides of a phone call complain of the other side cutting out, and also hearing long drawn out words that sound almost robotic. It has gotten so bad that a call often has to be placed several times in a row in an attempt to get a better connection. Very frustrating.

On 12/15/20 I called, then online chatted with, Hughes tech support. After some brief troubleshooting, the case was "escalated to engineering" and I placed a few calls for their reference. I was told I would receive a call back from them in 24-48 hours. After hearing nothing, I emailed on 12/18 and was told they were working on a solution. I still have heard nothing from  Hughes and my call quality is still very poor. I called customer support on 12/28 and was told my case has been escalated to "upper engineering" or some such dept, and to expect a call back in 24-48 hours.

I would really like more info than just a general "we are working on it and will call you back", especially since that has not ever happened. I feel like I am getting the run around.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Voice service quality issues

stacyfleeup,

Thanks for posting! I see it's your first time here on the Community, welcome! Please send a private message with your account number or a phone number tied to the account to this link, so we can look into this. 

Thanks,

Remy

New Poster

still no resolution on this issue.

have not been contacted by "engineering" nor anyone else at HughesNet with an update.

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT ON RESOLVING THIS ISSUE. IF IT IS TOO ADVANCED FOR "ENGINEERING" THEN PLEASE SIMPLY LET ME KNOW SO I CAN START THE TRANSITION AWAY FROM HUGHESNET.

SOME COURTESY WOULD BE WELCOMED.

Stacy

Distinguished Professor III

Stacy, did you send your account information to @Remy , as he requested?  Hopefully you will hear from him today, if the department is open (given it's a holiday).  Have you tried calling the phone reps again and see if they have an update? The phone customer service is a 24/7 service, so might as well check in with them. 

stacyfleeup,

Please refer to the private messages that have been sent previously, I haven't received a reply to the past messages and we would like to resolve this for you in a timely manner!

Thanks,

Remy