Hughesnet Community

Was told they can't diagnose my system because signal is too slow????????

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonyclarke
Freshman

Was told they can't diagnose my system because signal is too slow????????

I've been an unhappy customer since September 2021, and I've got no resolve. My signal averages from 0.9 to 3.4mbs. The highest I've ever received was 4.9mbs. I have complained over and over, nothing. The last time i called the tech told me they had two "rays" available in my area, and I was on the more congested one. I asked if I could be moved to the other "ray" and he said, he didn't know why they put me on the more congested one to start. I asked again if I could get switched. He said another technician would call back. Never called..... Typical. 

So today I try again, I call and complain that I have no signal. He checks and says my signal is 0.19mbs and he can't run a diagnostic on it because my signal is too slow. He told me to call back in an hour because they change the data rates during peak hours and in that hour of the day, even though I'm paying for 25mbs they are only sending out 2.2mbs in my area. I understand congestion and all, but really? They are only sending out 2.2mbs in my area. So, at the most, I can receive 2.2mbs. I cant even complain at home, I have to bring my laptop to my brothers house to use his signal. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You're in the right place for some good help.  The HughesNet reps here work during business hours M-F, so you may not hear tonight. They can run diagnostics on your modem to see what may be going on, so please leave it plugged in.  Hopefully you will get a response from them tomorrow. 

Remy

Tonyclarke,

Thanks for reaching out! We'd be happy to help out and figure out a solution. I was able to take a look into the account, and from what I'm able to see, there's ongoing weather in the area. I'm going to be keeping an eye out, and I'll be running tests once the weather clears. We'll likely end up getting a technician out to your area based on what you've stated your experience has been. I'll make sure to keep you updated!

Thanks,

Remy

Remy

Tonyclarke,

Thank you for your patience! I've ran tests and done basic troubleshooting, to no avail. I've set up a complimentary dispatch for you in our earliest available spot, Thursday, April 7. 2022 between 11AM-2PM. Please let us know how the visit goes! I've also gone ahead and waived the associated fees as courtesy.

Thanks,

Remy