Hughesnet Community

We have been misled and lied to!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
socksthecat0

We have been misled and lied to!

I was charged over $100 for a router after being told that one would be provided free of charge. But the technician said we had to pay him or he could not install w. Also was told that this WIFI wouldn't use data but it does! Also am being charged over $30 more than we agreed to. And our home phone won't work now!
2 REPLIES 2
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

socksthecat0,

Hughesnet no longer offers free wifi routers from my understanding and I don't think they offer wifi routers at all anymore during the sales call.  If you purchased a wifi router, you purchased it from the installer, not through Hughesnet.  As for wifi not using data, not sure why it wouldn't seeing as the traffic still goes through your Hughesnet modem which will count the traffic.
Liz

Hi socksthecat0,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! We want to address your concerns, so let's take this one bit at a time:

-Router: Can you please elaborate on what happened with the installer? It sounds like you purchased a router from the installer? I pulled up your account and I see that your free router from us is still pending, so you are still getting the free router from us.

-WiFi and Data Usage: Who said that wifi does not use data? Anything that connects to the internet on your network will use your monthly data allowance.

-Please review your invoice at supportcenter.myhughesnet.com under Billing, then Invoices. You should see an itemized list of all your charges, please let me know what you were expecting to be billed for.

-HughesNet Voice: Did the phone service ever work for you? If not, have you activated the voice service yet? To start, go here and follow the instructions: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activate/

If you need any clarification for any of my questions, please let me know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!