cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need a Linux version of the Downloas Status Meter !

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: We need a Linux version of the Downloas Status Meter !

jezra,

You DA MAN!!!

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good job Jezra.  I noticed you do have a tray icon at the bottom of the screen nice touch.  It looks like you are way ahead of the HughesNet Engineers give yourself a fist bump or two. 

Very nice. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

THAT IS A SWEET TOOL!!!  I just wish i could leave it running without the terminal window.  (I'm a linux noob) Maybe there is a way?  Otherwise I just open the Terminal and run the command everytime i wan't to check data, and close it when i am done. 

NICE WORK!

I like your site.  Interesting sideburns. 

Honorary Alumnus

Mint 17.3 Cinnamon here.

Mint 18 Cinnamon works in terminal will try to figure out how to get it to autoload on startup and stay there with terminal hidden.  Good job Jezra. 

With Mint 18 Cinnamon easy to auto start just go -Menu- -system settings- -startup applications- -add- -custom command- give it a name, then under command type hnsm, I choose a delay time of 1, then reboot and there it is in the tray.

I do have a snag that the daily graphs did not work but the usage wheel is there, I will see if I can figure that out and let you all know.  Unless someone else can figure it out first.

Well Jezra for some reason unannounced to me the graph just started working so all is fine.  I guess it just had to wait for the modem to catch up.  I did go to the SCC on one PC and had the status meter on another and the status meter runs right along with the SCC so it works.  I don't know about other Linux versions but in 64 bit Mint 18 Cinnamon smooth as silk.  I have 17.3 on two other PCs and will try in on one of them but do not see any problems.  I think on any Ubuntu are Debian based distro it should work if put into auto at startup.

I think HughesNet owes you a bonus or something this is something that is long overdue us Linux users are overlooked way to often.

Thanks

Gary
Assistant Professor

Would think Jezra is due an insulated drink mug at the least. What do you think Gabe?  : )