cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not getting a response here? Slow upload.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Why am I not getting a response here? Slow upload.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Why am I not getting a response here? Slow upload.

You just posted less than 30 minutes ago. Responses can take a lot longer, as this is not chat or phone support. 

The file test sizes you are using for your tests are incorrect.   

Follow this required procedure to have your speed issues addressed here. 

1. Create a free account at Testmy.net. (you've already done that)
2. Before you begin testing, disable the WiFi (to see how to disable WiFi on the HT2000W modem, look under "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" here: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf)
3. Run the tests while your device is connected directly to the modem via a LAN cable
4. To test download speeds, use the manual 25MB size
5. To test upload speeds, use the manual 4MB size
6. Run 3 to 5 tests, at least 5 minutes apart. Repeat at different times during the day.
7. Post your tests results here -- the URL will look like this: http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

These tests, while they may be cumbersome, are REQUIRED before the Hughesnet reps can begin to diagnose what may be wrong with your site.

Alexone wrote:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Alexia

Highlighted
Sophomore

I have posted the last 3 days. You are absolutely correct I failed to follow the instructions correctly not disabling my wifi thinking that since I am correctly connected with the ethernet cable it should surfice. My appologies. I am out of my depth here trying to keep it together while trying to work from home.

Highlighted

What I meant was, you wrote a post on this community only today. Smiley Happy

No need to apologise; it can be a steep learning curve. 

You will need to adhere to the instructions, though, as the tests need to be done in a specific way to be addressed on this site.  The reason for disabling wifi is that the engineers need to determine whether the problem is wifi or the modem. 

I think we can all sympathise with what you're going through during these very trying times. 

Take it easy and stay safe. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Alexone 

For whatever reason, it's possible that your prior posts have been archived and are no longer available for viewing.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Maybe one of the mods can check..... @Liz 

Highlighted
Sophomore

One more time for the slow people. Why do I have to be a tech person to get some help here? The calls and chats with hughes net have rendered no results my work from home stuff is a complete disaster and all I can conclude since other people are able to do it is my internet speed. Please a little help here. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

Idk what a mod is is. 

Highlighted

A mod is a Hughesnet employee on this site. They have the word "mod" next to their name.  And you do have to test from your side to get help with issues, as the mods, techs, and engineers are not living with you and can't check what's going on there. 

Highlighted
Sophomore